Bekah_m
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm picking my options soon and I want to be a lawyer when I'm older. I'm thinking about picking History, French, Sociology and Drama. Are these good options? Does anyone do any of these options and can tell me what they're like? What options should I pick?

Compulsory subjects are:
English literature
English language
Combined Science
Maths

We get to pick four options out of this list:
Art
Computer Science
Design & Technology
Drama
Engineering
Geography
History
Religious Studies
Sociology
Psychology
Business
Hospitality & Catering
French
Music
Photography
PE
Sociology
Statistics
Triple Science
Textiles
username3508100
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For GCSEs it's best to just choose what you enjoy
Saoirsedoherty
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You’re doing GCSEs which are typical of law students I know, so as long as you enjoy these subjects and are good at them you should have a good 2 years!
YouMadBro!
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
GCSEs do not really matter, universities care more about attainment than the actual subjects you've taken.
I would recommend taking History, French, RS and Sociology because those are "relatively" easy GCSEs if you are good at writing essays which you must be to study law.
username3434964
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Damn if only I had as many options as you do.

If I could pick those subjects I would do computer science, psychology, engineering and triple science lmao
savvyspark
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Bekah_m)
I'm picking my options soon and I want to be a lawyer when I'm older. I'm thinking about picking History, French, Sociology and Drama. Are these good options? Does anyone do any of these options and can tell me what they're like? What options should I pick?

Compulsory subjects are:
English literature
English language
Combined Science
Maths

We get to pick four options out of this list:
Art
Computer Science
Design & Technology
Drama
Engineering
Geography
History
Religious Studies
Sociology
Psychology
Business
Hospitality & Catering
French
Music
Photography
PE
Sociology
Statistics
Triple Science
Textiles
I'm choosing my options as well in year 9. I'm taking 3 humanities, triple science and Spanish, I want to go into finance. I recommend you take A language, in your case the school only offers French so do that. Also Triple science is pretty essential but apart from that I guess just do what you want.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.34%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (25)
14.12%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.64%

Watched Threads