The Student Room Group

First time driver...... holiday?

I have just passed my driving test and i have a holiday booked for blackpool at the beginning of april. This is about a three hour journey from where i live. Do you think i will have enough experience to drive this far by then ??
Depends how much you drive between now and April.
Original post by Laurenblack
I have just passed my driving test and i have a holiday booked for blackpool at the beginning of april. This is about a three hour journey from where i live. Do you think i will have enough experience to drive this far by then ??

If you are confident on the motorway then for sure, you could probably be more careful than most drivers on there. I would give your tyres a cheeky check pre-long journey though to begin perhaps.
Easily. I've been driving a month and would be confident making a 3 hour trip - but not in one go. Take a break at services after an hour orso and get something to eat and drink.
Original post by DrawTheLine
Depends how much you drive between now and April.

I agree
Original post by nevershear
Easily. I've been driving a month and would be confident making a 3 hour trip - but not in one go. Take a break at services after an hour orso and get something to eat and drink.

Exactly. I did a 2 hour drive with my dad 4 days after I passed. First time driving where I was in full control and it was pretty scary. Definitely take regular breaks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending