EmmaJemX
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
With my GCSE Exams quickly approaching, I have been thinking about how to revise.
As a teenager with Autism, I find revision daunting, and find it hard to manage my time effectively. I also find revision very boring, which isn't going to help me get motivated to revise.

When sitting around, I started to think about how I would like to revise. It was at that moment that I came up with an amazing, flexible revision method.

I call it... The Unicorn Method! (Cause I find it truly magical!)

With The Unicorn Method, You complete 3 lots of 30 minute revision sessions. You choose a topic to revise and a method, all from random. After finishing a revision session, you place a sticker onto a printable sheet. There are also 2 lots of 20 minute breaks too!

The Unicorn Method, for me, is better than a revision timetable. With revision timetables, you have to think about what you want to revise, at what time, and quickly think of a method to revise. This way feels too daunting and stressful for me, so randomly picking out 2 slips of paper, one with the topic and one with the method, seems more fun!

I have included the link to my printable. It includes a weekly sticker tracker table, how to use the printable and ideas for fun methods to use when revising!

To create the topic and method slips, all you need to do is write down the topic or method onto a small slip of paper, fold it up and put it into a jar or tub! Super simple and fun!

Let me know if this has helped you in any way!
I am looking forward to coming up with more creative ways to revise and grow my grades!

Keep Smiling!!!
Attached files
pippa2.1
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
That actually sounds like a good way to revise, might do that now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
22.22%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (10)
12.35%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
4.94%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (13)
16.05%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20.99%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
23.46%

Watched Threads