Should I watch Harry Potter? Watch

BigGuyAkhenaten
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Ive been accepted to Cambridge I'm told I should watch Harry Potter since that's the #1 fantasy of most people who apply. Is it worth all the hype? Should I stop at a certain film?
Miss.Unknow
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Congrats on Cambridge. Harry Potter is one of my favourite movie franchises of all time, so yeah i think that it's worth the hype. Why dont you give the movies a go and then see how you like it? Movie 3 is where it's start to get a bit serious.
Kuchan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just watch the first one and then if you find it interesting watch the next and keep doing the same thing. Though I recommend you read the book after each movie too, It will be great for your understanding of English Literature!
snmboy007
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Miss.Unknow)
Congrats on Cambridge. Harry Potter is one of my favourite movie franchises of all time, so yeah i think that it's worth the hype. Why dont you give the movies a go and then see how you like it? Movie 3 is where it's start to get a bit serious.
#Respect
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Harry Potter recently got a re-release in UHD Bluray. Well worth the watch :wizard2:
thefilmbuff
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Harry Potter is definitely one of those franchises you have to grow up with (at least that's what I think). Remember most people grew up with characters and at this point you are outside of the target audience. when watching the film's (especially the first few) remember that they are over a decade old so the effects are quite dated now.
FriendlyPenguin
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How tf have you not seen Harry Potter?
Wikia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That's like asking 'should I send my teacher nudes?' Obviously.
Rahulsharma12
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Harry Potter movies are really great. You mist watch it.
username3674016
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The only Harry Potter films worth watching are the first two, and even those weren't perfect.
Gwilym101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Read the books, they're much better.

Although, if you've been accepted into Cambridge, what does it matter which fantasy series you like? Don't get me wrong, Harry Potter is a really good very accessible series, I grew up with it and love it, but it's hardly the be all and end all of fantasy.
DCFCfan4eva
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I enjoyed the first 3 (particularly the first two) after that I felt they got a bit boring. Goblet of fire was ok the rest I found meh.

Plenty of people adored all of them though.

look them up and see what you think and if it seems to be your taste, watch them, if not don't.

life too short to be watch films because someone else said you should or because it's.popular
james ionicbond
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Start from the last film to the first
It's much better 😏
Axiomasher
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by BigGuyAkhenaten)
Ive been accepted to Cambridge I'm told I should watch Harry Potter since that's the #1 fantasy of most people who apply. Is it worth all the hype? Should I stop at a certain film?
Maybe watch the first one. I can see the association as the premise of Harry Potter is that it's based on an institution for 'specially gifted' individuals who look down on everyone else who are described as 'muggles' (if I've got that right, it's been a while).
Georgia Brown
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You should definitely watch Harry Potter, it's really good
username2569523
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you want...a lot of them are pretty boring though. One or 2 movies from the series were alright.
niamhsrevision
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
READ THE BOOKS FIRST. I like the films, but if I hadn't loved the books first I wouldn't have thought they were that great, especially the first one. & you just miss so much that's in the books, the films are a bit rushed imo.
ellaswords
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by niamhsrevision)
READ THE BOOKS FIRST. I like the films, but if I hadn't loved the books first I wouldn't have thought they were that great, especially the first one. & you just miss so much that's in the books, the films are a bit rushed imo.
the books are just so much better than the films!
hxnxy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Absolutely. HP is life changing.
ellaswords
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hxnxy)
Absolutely. HP is life changing.
agreed! it’d be great if someone were to make a Harry Potter forum or something that’s actually recent instead of ancient
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (7)
30.43%
No I don't (10)
43.48%
I work during the holidays (6)
26.09%

Watched Threads