The Student Room Group

Lunch invite?

What does it mean we a girl invites you out to lunch with her?
Reply 1
she usually is testing the water, she sees you as a potential love interest but also is deciding so just play it cool and be yourself, if it doesn't work out romantically then at least you'll have a cool new friend

hope this helps
Reply 2
Yes we shall see. We have already been on two dates before this if that makes any difference?
Reply 3
Original post by MINI17
Yes we shall see. We have already been on two dates before this if that makes any difference?

Sure, it makes a lot of difference. Then it's not just any girl, it's a girl you're dating.
Reply 4
Original post by MINI17

What were the other dates?
Reply 5
Original post by cat_mac
What were the other dates?

The other dates were ice skating and cinema
It sounds like after the two dates where you constantly had something to do, she now wants to get to know you and see if you are happy in each others company without having an activity to talk about
Reply 7
Original post by MINI17
The other dates were ice skating and cinema

Should be alright then, not a big change in intimacy levels. Just keep doing what you’re doing, sounds like it’s working so far!
Reply 8
Thank you everyone. Also we have known each other for a year now.
If on the first two dates you paid she is probably just trying to be nice and take a turn to treat. She enjoys your company and would like to casually have lunch with you.

If on the past dates you have both paid your own way I think her inviting you to lunch is saying she enjoys your company but would appreciate it if you took turns treating so that it feels more like a proper date than just friends. Just my 2 cents.
Coffee is cheap, drinks are an audition, lunch is an interview and dinner means serious business. She is interested.
She wants to talk to you to politely end the relationship, if you can call it that. Or that she is interested and finds it a more relaxed way to have a conversation. You will only find out if you accept the invitation.
Reply 12
Thank you all for your opinions really interesting takes on the situation. I think I will just keep meeting up with her until she wants to be in a relationship with me, as she already knows I like her but said it was too soon to make it official.

Quick Reply

Latest