Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What does it mean we a girl invites you out to lunch with her?

ReputationRep:
    she usually is testing the water, she sees you as a potential love interest but also is deciding so just play it cool and be yourself, if it doesn't work out romantically then at least you'll have a cool new friend

hope this helps
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Yes we shall see. We have already been on two dates before this if that makes any difference?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by MINI17)
    Yes we shall see. We have already been on two dates before this if that makes any difference?
    Sure, it makes a lot of difference. Then it's not just any girl, it's a girl you're dating.

ReputationRep:
    What were the other dates?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    What were the other dates?
    The other dates were ice skating and cinema

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like after the two dates where you constantly had something to do, she now wants to get to know you and see if you are happy in each others company without having an activity to talk about

ReputationRep:
    The other dates were ice skating and cinema
    Should be alright then, not a big change in intimacy levels. Just keep doing what you’re doing, sounds like it’s working so far!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you everyone. Also we have known each other for a year now.

ReputationRep:
    If on the first two dates you paid she is probably just trying to be nice and take a turn to treat. She enjoys your company and would like to casually have lunch with you.

If on the past dates you have both paid your own way I think her inviting you to lunch is saying she enjoys your company but would appreciate it if you took turns treating so that it feels more like a proper date than just friends. Just my 2 cents.

ReputationRep:
    Coffee is cheap, drinks are an audition, lunch is an interview and dinner means serious business. She is interested.

ReputationRep:
    She wants to talk to you to politely end the relationship, if you can call it that. Or that she is interested and finds it a more relaxed way to have a conversation. You will only find out if you accept the invitation.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you all for your opinions really interesting takes on the situation. I think I will just keep meeting up with her until she wants to be in a relationship with me, as she already knows I like her but said it was too soon to make it official.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.