The Student Room Group

Constant Period

I have been taken the contraception injection (Depo) for around three or 4 years. Once I started taken using this as a contraception I didn’t get regular periods, I would have a small amount of bleeding for about 2 days within 3 months. Although, the last 4 weeks, I have been constantly on my period (lightly). It has gone from brown, to bright red, to brown and bright red again. In these 4 weeks I have had two days of no periods. A month before these 4 weeks I have been tested for STI’s and today I took a pregnant test which has came back negative. Any idea what this could possibly be?
You need to talk to your doctor.
I was on my period for 16 days. it turned out I was having a miscarriage. even with negative tests you can or could have been pregnant.

bleeding for a month is of concern so get checked out.
Go to a GP.
Reply 3
Are you going to pay my indemnity for giving out medical advise online?
Reply 4
So those SJT scenario's are real!
Original post by Anonymous
I have been taken the contraception injection (Depo) for around three or 4 years. Once I started taken using this as a contraception I didn’t get regular periods, I would have a small amount of bleeding for about 2 days within 3 months. Although, the last 4 weeks, I have been constantly on my period (lightly). It has gone from brown, to bright red, to brown and bright red again. In these 4 weeks I have had two days of no periods. A month before these 4 weeks I have been tested for STI’s and today I took a pregnant test which has came back negative. Any idea what this could possibly be?

Time to see your doctor! With changes like this, it's always best to see your doctor for advice

Quick Reply

Latest