best accomodation for an international student

Watch
capricciioo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey! I am going to come Loughborough University with Erasmus Consortium Programme for 2-4 mounths. Many of the student flats demand 1 year contrat at least. So, I'm confused... dormitories in the campus are too expensive for me, it's about 196 pounds per week. Do you know more economical accommodation?
alexs2602
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It should be less than that, what are you looking at? I can't see anything that even comes close to that other than self contained flats. Most students share a flat, but have their own bedroom. If you were to go for halls I would recommend self catered, non-ensuite. I'm a fan of 4ft beds, personally. Telford, Falkner Eggington, Harry French, William Morris, Butler Court should all have options.

There is someone who has free room from February until July on this facebook group but the location isn't ideal.

I'd try contacting the student accommodation centre as they'll be able to help you best. +44 (0)1509 274488 [email protected] I also found this.
capricciioo
Rep:
?
Actually, I just prefer a separate room and free wifi. I doesn't matter big halls or sth like that. When I will come isn't clear yet :/ possibly it will be in summer time for two months. I think no student will be there to share their flat with me in that time during this year. Thank you for your message and helps accommodations always a huge problem
Loughborough University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by capricciioo)
Actually, I just prefer a separate room and free wifi. I doesn't matter big halls or sth like that. When I will come isn't clear yet :/ possibly it will be in summer time for two months. I think no student will be there to share their flat with me in that time during this year. Thank you for your message and helps accommodations always a huge problem
Hi capricciioo

As you will be an exchange student - contact the Student Accommodation Centre (as suggested by @alexs2602 also) email: [email protected] and they will be able to tell you the options that will be available and the costs. I'm sure it's less expensive than that.

Vicky
capricciioo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Loughborough University)
Hi capricciioo

As you will be an exchange student - contact the Student Accommodation Centre (as suggested by @alexs2602 also) email: [email protected] and they will be able to tell you the options that will be available and the costs. I'm sure it's less expensive than that.

Vicky
Thank you so much. I'll contact with them asap
Loughborough University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by capricciioo)
Thank you so much. I'll contact with them asap
No problem - definitely worth talking to them.
Vicky
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (677)
33.66%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (857)
42.62%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.19%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads