The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Anonymous marking

Some of my essays have been marked the feedback has addressed me personally because the marker has known it was me writing it. This was due to us being told to discuss our essay titles with the module coordinator. Is this allowed as it does not come under the whole anonymous marking scheme they say they stick to.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by MewberryMaddock
Some of my essays have been marked the feedback has addressed me personally because the marker has known it was me writing it. This was due to us being told to discuss our essay titles with the module coordinator. Is this allowed as it does not come under the whole anonymous marking scheme they say they stick to.

Maybe its because your essays stand out and the marker is trying to be helpful. If you wish to say it isnt allowed then they will just let you repeat the mistake. Im not sure whether its worth kicking up a fuss over as they are trying to help. You could raise it politely when you discuss but be diplomatic.
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Reply 2
This is why most university assessments go through a first and second marking/moderating and then external examining process.

Only one of those markers will know whose assessment it is in the case of tutor approved titles. The other markers are marking the work anonymously so will pick up on and adjust any bias.

Quick Reply

Latest