When to send cao documents?

Watch
cappa2
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I know there's a few similar questions, but I'm really confused right now.
I made my CAO-account sometime l last week and entered my school information/ leaving cerificate (just what school I went to and what certificate I received, I didn't enter any course choices) and at the top of the page it says:

1. Please enter your course choices.
  2. Please ensure that you post all your supporting documents to CAO.
    Certified copies of results of 2018 examinations (excluding Leaving Cert & QQI FET/FETAC) must be provided to CAO as soon as they become available. All documents must be clearly marked with your name and CAO Number. Please read page 12 of the 2018 CAO Handbook for further instructions.

I read somewhere that I have to submit my documents within 10 days of my application. Does that mean would've had to send the documents last week? Also, what documents do they require as "supporting documents"?
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by cappa2)
I know there's a few similar questions, but I'm really confused right now.
I made my CAO-account sometime l last week and entered my school information/ leaving cerificate (just what school I went to and what certificate I received, I didn't enter any course choices) and at the top of the page it says:

1. Please enter your course choices.
  2. Please ensure that you post all your supporting documents to CAO.
    Certified copies of results of 2018 examinations (excluding Leaving Cert & QQI FET/FETAC) must be provided to CAO as soon as they become available. All documents must be clearly marked with your name and CAO Number. Please read page 12 of the 2018 CAO Handbook for further instructions.

I read somewhere that I have to submit my documents within 10 days of my application. Does that mean would've had to send the documents last week? Also, what documents do they require as "supporting documents"?
This is for Ireland, yes? This forum is mostly for UK university applications (i.e. UCAS). I can move your question to the International Study forum.

Meanwhile, have you had a look at the CAO FAQs
http://www.cao.ie/index.php?page=faq
cappa2
Rep:
?
(Original post by Doonesbury)
This is for Ireland, yes? This forum is mostly for UK university applications (i.e. UCAS). I can move your question to the International Study forum.

Meanwhile, have you had a look at the CAO FAQs
http://www.cao.ie/index.php?page=faq
Yes thank you that would be nice! Unfortunately, there's no information about that in the FAQs :/
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes thank you that would be nice! Unfortunately, there's no information about that in the FAQs :/
I've moved you

Are you not at a school in Ireland?
cappa2
Rep:
?
I've moved you

Are you not at a school in Ireland?
Thank you very much!
Oh no, I went to a German school. UCAS already seemed so confusing, but at least you could find concise information, unlike with CAO
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank you very much!
Oh no, I went to a German school. UCAS already seemed so confusing, but at least you could find concise information, unlike with CAO
I suggest calling them
cappa2
Rep:
?
I suggest calling them
Unfortunately I work all week and don't get home until very late, but I will probably write them an email, since they apparently reply very fast at least!
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Unfortunately I work all week and don't get home until very late, but I will probably write them an email, since they apparently reply very fast at least!
Try that, but it might be easier just to call them in your lunch break.

Good luck!

Oh, where are you applying? The universities may be able to help too.
Margherii
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sorry fir bothering you now , but right now i'm in your exactly same situation, did you manage to get some information?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (514)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.47%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.41%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (69)
4.51%

Watched Threads