What does this mean? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Around 4 years ago I used to speak to this girl, we were quite close and she opened up to me about certain stuff. She moved back to her home country however, became kind of pen pals after that, we were 14 or so at the time. I can't remember why but we stopped mailing, I was the last to send one.

Fast forward, I searched for something in my emails and our conversations popped up too so I sent her an email. She replied 5 days later (not sure if she doesn't get email notifications on her phone or ignored it, she said she only uses it for receiving school emails now). Anyway she said stuff like 'omg I can't believe you're writing to me again??', 'How can I ever forget you??', 'I was really happy to have some sort of pen pal' and 'Would love to keep in contact!'.

I replied with a fairly lengthy message about what I have been up too, asked what she had been up too and asked her about something from the past.

Anyway, over 7 days have passed and she hasn't replied. I can't really think why? I did say something about the past that she might be mad about so perhaps she is just ignoring it. Initial late response was okay as not every checks their emails or has email notifications on their phone. After her response I thought she might check often for my response or something though.

Any ideas behind this? Or should I just forget about it..

I added her on fb the other day and she hasn't reponded to that although she hasn't updated in a while but many don't.
Her twitter was in her fb bio and she's been active on that.
Cowtheduck
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sorry but it seems she's just not that into you mate.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Cowtheduck)
Sorry but it seems she's just not that into you mate.
She never was and nor was I, nothing can happen with her in another country. We were just close friends, unless you meant that she just doesn't really care in general.
BrokenHope
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Around 4 years ago I used to speak to this girl, we were quite close and she opened up to me about certain stuff. She moved back to her home country however, became kind of pen pals after that, we were 14 or so at the time. I can't remember why but we stopped mailing, I was the last to send one.

Fast forward, I searched for something in my emails and our conversations popped up too so I sent her an email. She replied 5 days later (not sure if she doesn't get email notifications on her phone or ignored it, she said she only uses it for receiving school emails now). Anyway she said stuff like 'omg I can't believe you're writing to me again??', 'How can I ever forget you??', 'I was really happy to have some sort of pen pal' and 'Would love to keep in contact!'.

I replied with a fairly lengthy message about what I have been up too, asked what she had been up too and asked her about something from the past.

Anyway, over 7 days have passed and she hasn't replied. I can't really think why? I did say something about the past that she might be mad about so perhaps she is just ignoring it. Initial late response was okay as not every checks their emails or has email notifications on their phone. After her response I thought she might check often for my response or something though.

I added her on fb the other day and she hasn't reponded to that although she hasn't updated in a while but many don't.
Same thing happened to me with multiple people, always the same result. She probably has other friends and puts the attention to them and you aside. They slowly stop caring then move on. It hurts, but life doesn't come without suffering.
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

All you can do it wait and see if she responds. I wouldn't go following her on Twitter or anything more though, because that'll look a bit weird to her. If she doesn't respond to your email or your friend request, then it sounds like she's just moved on and isn't interested in chatting to you anymore as unfortunate as that is
Anonymous #1
'omg I can't believe you're writing to me again??', 'How can I ever forget you??', 'I was really happy to have some sort of pen pal' and 'Would love to keep in contact!'.
What was behind her saying all this do you think? I mean it is a bit beyond just being nice in a reply to an old friend, isn't it?

She had friends there whilst we spoke before but perhaps I suppose. I won't follow her on Twitter or anything like that, just wondered. I did say something that could potentially make her upset, a revelation from before. Is it more likely to be that or is not being interested in the past now perfectly common?

(Original post by BrokenHope)
Anonymous #1
chelseadagg3r

Sorry was meant to tag above also, great song btw.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.35%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (67)
9.9%
No I am happy with my course choice (383)
56.57%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.18%

Watched Threads