Turn on thread page Beta

Does wearing a lot of makeup make a girl look insecure? watch

If you see a girl wearing quite a lot of makeup, but I'm talking well applied. Not patchy and cakey foundation. More like well blended eyeshadow, contour, false lashes you know the kind of makeup you see on instagram:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f1/23...8e5f437409.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/8e/ce/69/8...uty-makeup.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/a3/ff/ca/a...8cfa356261.jpg

These girls are of course stunning and you can tell by their features they probably look just as gorgeous without it all. Their faces are mesmerising and I'd imagine in a club they'd turn so many heads.
    But I know a lot of guys say they like natural makeup, so what would be your opinion on this much? Bear in mind they're probably wearing at least 20 products on their face.
    What would your immediate thoughts be and would you think they were insecure for wearing so much? Would you think they were too high maintenance and not approach them? Again bearing in mind that all sorts of girls wear this kind of makeup, even gamer girls I know.

ReputationRep:
    It might...depends on why they are wearing it in the first place I guess

My first reaction would be...how are they so good at applying makeup?!! Wouldn’t be able to do that to save my life. Also I’ll be like wow they can be bothered lol but it does depend on where I see them and what they applied the makeup for- if it’s for a special occasion then I wouldn’t be too surprised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    If you see a girl wearing quite a lot of makeup, but I'm talking well applied. Not patchy and cakey foundation. More like well blended eyeshadow, contour, false lashes you know the kind of makeup you see on instagram:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f1/23...8e5f437409.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/8e/ce/69/8...uty-makeup.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/a3/ff/ca/a...8cfa356261.jpg

These girls are of course stunning and you can tell by their features they probably look just as gorgeous without it all. Their faces are mesmerising and I'd imagine in a club they'd turn so many heads.
    But I know a lot of guys say they like natural makeup, so what would be your opinion on this much? Bear in mind they're probably wearing at least 20 products on their face.
    What would your immediate thoughts be and would you think they were insecure for wearing so much? Would you think they were too high maintenance and not approach them? Again bearing in mind that all sorts of girls wear this kind of makeup, even gamer girls I know.
    My brain's too fried to even think about what insecure means but I can safely say the girls in all three of those pictures do not look attractive to me. I actually find them slightly ridiculous.

(Original post by h333)
    It might...depends on why they are wearing it in the first place I guess

My first reaction would be...how are they so good at applying makeup?!! Wouldn’t be able to do that to save my life. Also I’ll be like wow they can be bothered lol but it does depend on where I see them and what they applied the makeup for- if it’s for a special occasion then I wouldn’t be too surprised.
    I'd say this makeup is for hanging out in the evening. So parties, dinners, bars etc. Not necessarily for a special occasion, just your typical Friday night makeup.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say this makeup is for hanging out in the evening. So parties, dinners, bars etc. Not necessarily for a special occasion, just your typical Friday night makeup.
    Really? I find this makeup too much for dinners lol
    What do you mean by Friday night makeup?

ReputationRep:
    These girls are of course stunning and you can tell by their features they probably look just as gorgeous without it all.

disagree there, they don't have enough prominent bone structure for anyone to really tell how pretty they are under all that pounds of makeup

i've seen average or slightly below average girls achieve similar results with makeup

ReputationRep:
    Who cares what men want from women, their opinion is completely invalid as women will continue to do whatever the hell they like with their appearance, including unnatural makeup and acne sufferers will continue to pile it on, even if you complain about "being tricked".

high maintenance, insecure about their looks, insecure about their personality, no solid sense of themselves, have to be the best looking girl in the room, if they dont feel they look better than everyone then they feel they are totally ugly, fragile and unstable swing from ugly to beautiful in their own mind, cannot see the beauty in their own natural face, like expensive things because they are expensive and must-have, view boyfriends as trophies to show off, want pretty friends so they can all be in the pretty gang, have a lot of rivalry with friends, don't read books or know much about anything besides celebrities and fashion, have little subsance, basic personlaity, someone I would avoid, sorry. hopefully they aren't that bad...

ReputationRep:
    IT depends really. .
    I’ve seen a huge difference in people once the make up is removed not for the faint hearted lol but when it comes down to it if it makes them feel happy and better about themselves there’s really no harm harm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cyclone777)
    disagree there, they don't have enough prominent bone structure for anyone to really tell how pretty they are under all that pounds of makeup
    why does prominent bone structure = pretty? that just sounds like the fashion industry. in all the glamorous magazines the girl's bones are popping out their face and the cheeks are sunken in. It creates a lot of shadows and light and dark and looks "arty" like in the modernist 1920s way of angular shapes. but I just see it as the fashion world's idea of the ideal face, but not neccessarily my idea of pretty or beautiful. and it gets a bit bland because you see it all the time.

ReputationRep:
    Girls can wear makeup however they want for themselves or for other people. Some girls wear it becasue it raises their confidence but to be honest its a personal choice and guys shouldn't get so hung up on it. Looks are over rated.

(Original post by Vlammm)
    Who cares what men want from women, their opinion is completely invalid as women will continue to do whatever the hell they like with their appearance, including unnatural makeup and acne sufferers will continue to pile it on, even if you complain about "being tricked".
    It's just something I've been wondering. I used to wear quite dramatic makeup when I was younger but I don't really anymore. Recently when I've been on tinder I notice a lot of bi/lesbians either wear no/hardly any makeup or loads of instagram makeup and I'm not really too keen on it. I guess I've always been attracted to the more boyish girls anyway though. So I was just wondering other people's opinions.

(Original post by h333)
    Really? I find this makeup too much for dinners lol
    What do you mean by Friday night makeup?
    Well I mean I'd imagine the girls who wear this much makeup would wear the same amount for dinner with their friends. It isn't always just for clubbing. I meant if a girl was going out on a Friday or Saturday night this would be the makeup she'd wear whether it'd be a party, pub or club. So if you saw a girl in the pub wearing this much makeup what would you think.

(Original post by cyclone777)

i've seen average or slightly below average girls achieve similar results with makeup
    That could be true tbf. It's just hard to imagine that they'd be completely minging. But they definitely could be quite plain looking I guess.

high maintenance, insecure about their looks, insecure about their personality, no solid sense of themselves, have to be the best looking girl in the room, if they dont feel they look better than everyone then they feel they are totally ugly, fragile and unstable swing from ugly to beautiful in their own mind, cannot see the beauty in their own natural face, like expensive things because they are expensive and must-have, view boyfriends as trophies to show off, want pretty friends so they can all be in the pretty gang, have a lot of rivalry with friends, don't read books or know much about anything besides celebrities and fashion, have little subsance, basic personlaity, someone I would avoid, sorry. hopefully they aren't that bad...
    Interesting response
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Not necceserily, it does make her look slatternly though.

ReputationRep:
    It makes them look booommbbb and super talented at make up. I try out loads of different looks with make up because I find it fun and creative!

If someone judges people based on what they choose to put on their face, their judgement isn’t worth anything anyway.

Make up can be used to to cover insecurities, it can also be used for art, for fun, to compliment an outfit. Whether you wear it or not, do you and don’t let other people make you feel bad for what you choose!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    damn who hurt you
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    It's all over the top. Women have looked beautiful for centuries and didn't start wearing makeup like that until 2015. So it's not necessary to say the least. And if that style isn't done right, it looks ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by petalsunrise)
    why does prominent bone structure = pretty? that just sounds like the fashion industry. in all the glamorous magazines the girl's bones are popping out their face and the cheeks are sunken in. It creates a lot of shadows and light and dark and looks "arty" like in the modernist 1920s way of angular shapes. but I just see it as the fashion world's idea of the ideal face, but not neccessarily my idea of pretty or beautiful. and it gets a bit bland because you see it all the time.

generally speaking, the more facially attractive the woman is the higher her estrogen levels are.
    makeup masks the true indicators of a woman's estrogen levels from men and visually gives the illusion of higher estrogen levels.

Bone structure can also be tell tell signs of an attractive face, a woman who has quite prominent bone structure sometimes you can just tell [even if she's wearing a lot of makeup] that her face will still likely be attractive when it's taken off ...because she clearly has the bone structure of an attractive face ..and not the bone structure of an ugly face.

women with weak bone structure [most women tbh] you can often not tell if that face is going to be attractive when the pounds of makeup come off.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 2, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.