Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

GCSE Problems watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Failed GCSEs pretty bad when I was 16, only got E, F and D, the rest are Us, I need to retake English language, maths and science but most places want you to have a certain grade already to retake and I don't have money so I can't pay, my council and adult education centres aren't doing those subjects either, I'm 18, my only option is choose a subject at college to study, I've already done entry level 3 English, maths and animal care but I really want to go into veterinary nursing or veterinary care assistant then maybe veterinary nursing, I know with level 2 ANA OR ACA and level 2 English and maths you qualify to study animal nursing so if I can I want to go that route but you still need GCSEs just not that many. What do I do?

ReputationRep:
    Carry on with the adult education levels, then do the GCSE - colleges will do them if you have less then a a grade c either free or at a reduced rate. As for the other subjects see if you can study a free online course, or get hold of the curriculum and study it. Many colleges will do an assessment if you don't have the GCSEs to see if you are up to standard to get in the door.

Approach your local veterinary charities (ie Blue Cross) to see if you can volunteer and thus gain experience. Even if you volunteer in their shops they often run clinics from them, so you will learn from that point of view.

You could also volunteer as a dog walker or cat cuddler which will also bring in experience. There are many who look after young puppies and kittens and other animals in foster care.

Just keep at it, don't let disappointing exam results hold you back.

PS My college does English, maths, combined sciences, a lot of languages, animal care etc.

PPS Go and have a look at Pinterest, it's free and there is a lot of information on there about animal care, and veterinary science. Just pin the things you find interesting onto a board and you'll have all your revision in one place.

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.