Turn on thread page Beta

Why are Remainers so Rude to Europeans? watch

ReputationRep:
    The middle and upper class, in Africa they say when you see white people comming to help you run the other way. Some say it's just bored rich white people trying to pretend they are doing something to make the world a better place but are not actually attacking deep routed problems. Just soothing their ego.

Now the latest trends in the UK has changed.

You are now wanting to protect your fruit pickers, your builders, your latte makers, your car washers and mainly your menial workers as your too good to be doing them jobs.

When you state your reason for helping some is because nobody will be left to pick your fruits and vegetables, it comes out as arrogant and snobbish. Are they the lower class citizens doing jobs to good for the British?

ReputationRep:
    You seem to think people going important jobs are being insulted, I don't.

ReputationRep:
    Wtf?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cata1234)

You are now wanting to protect your fruit pickers, your builders, your latte makers, your car washers and mainly your menial workers as your too good to be doing them jobs.

When you state your reason for helping some is because nobody will be left to pick your fruits and vegetables, it comes out as arrogant and snobbish. Are they the lower class citizens doing jobs to good for the British?
    Me? What me personally? When did I say any of that?

ReputationRep:

Yes, it does come out pretty bad when some people complain about Brexit because they'll lose their cheap labour.

It often isn't that British people don't want to do the work, either, but that Poles etc. put up with much lower wages for the same job.

It really is a bit disgusting how the richer EU nations take advantage of the poorer nations in this manner - but lets be honest, if the UK leaves the EU, we're just going to get this labour from elsewhere, since neither major party has an interest in reducing immigration.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not aware of those who voted remain being rude to Europeans, far from it.

As for doing what you describe as menial jobs. I'm about as privileged and middle class as they come, but I don't think I'm too good to do such jobs. Far from it, I've worked in agricultural settings for years and love the long hours and physical labour. However, much to my embarrassment at our nation, I'm something of an exception. A combination of poor work ethic, poor exercise habits and poor self-control around food mean that many British people are simply too unfit to do jobs requiring a reasonable amount of effort. So, post-Brexit, unless there is a source of suitable labour, many small enterprises running on small margins will struggle.

ReputationRep:
    Carillion is only the first big name to be brought low by the Brexit débâcle. There will be widespread business failures directly attributable to this nonsense. Farms will not be able to rely on cheap labour to harvest our food... so food will have to be imported at great expense... from Europe !!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    What are you waffling about being 'rude' to Europeans?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FriendlyPenguin)
    Yes, it does come out pretty bad when some people complain about Brexit because they'll lose their cheap labour.

It often isn't that British people don't want to do the work, either, but that Poles etc. put up with much lower wages for the same job.

It really is a bit disgusting how the richer EU nations take advantage of the poorer nations in this manner - but lets be honest, if the UK leaves the EU, we're just going to get this labour from elsewhere, since neither major party has an interest in reducing immigration.
    So despite the fact people desparately want reduced migration, the political establishment will do what they want.

Just about sums up why we need national direct democracy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    Carillion is only the first big name to be brought low by the Brexit débâcle. There will be widespread business failures directly attributable to this nonsense. Farms will not be able to rely on cheap labour to harvest our food... so food will have to be imported at great expense... from Europe !!
    So before mass migration how did farmers cope?

Also how did brexit impact Carillon? No one in the news has said anything relating it to brexit.

Alot of people started linking brexit to increased terrorism in the UK, again people were right, France is not in the EU and they have had loads of terrorist attacks lately. Ohh wait a minute they are in the EU, stop trying to form links between brexit and factors that have no connection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Napp)
    What are you waffling about being 'rude' to Europeans?
    Did I hurt your feelings? Do you need a safe space?

Waffling? Stop complaining and ignoring other people's arguments as they abuse your ego.

ReputationRep:
    So before mass migration how did farmers cope?

Also how did brexit impact Carillon? No one in the news has said anything relating it to brexit.

Alot of people started linking brexit to increased terrorism in the UK, again people were right, France is not in the EU and they have had loads of terrorist attacks lately. Ohh wait a minute they are in the EU, stop trying to form links between brexit and factors that have no connection.
    They used seasonal workers from the local area.

Problem being it isn't the 1950s anymore, the socio-economic climate has changed and it is not feasible way to live for the vast majority of people.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Did I hurt your feelings? Do you need a safe space?

Waffling? Stop complaining and ignoring other people's arguments as they abuse your ego.
    Yes and yes. Apologise, now.
    No.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Moved to Society.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.