Turn on thread page Beta

Should I ask for his number? watch

So I have been having this crush on a guy for two years and only yesterday did I truly talk to him and we were both just as shy yet I felt very comfortable when I sat next to him. Since we're both off to Uni in a couple of months I'm planning on getting to know him better and make good conversation with him for the next 19 weeks...So the question is he's already in a group chat for a subject we both are doing so just before exams start is it okay as a girl to ask whether I can keep in touch with him by asking him whether I can add his number from the group chat or would he see me as being too assertive??

I know this sounds stupid to most of you as the majority don't believe in astrology here on TSR but he's a Capricorn so any advice would be appreciated!

update: I plan on asking whether I can add his number from the group chat near the end of the 19 weeks.

Just go for it, you only live once!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    If you don’t try you’ll never know, it might seem scary but it could be the start of something amazing, you only live once so go for it
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    Take his number from the group chat and just message him directly. Or Facebook message (Do people still use it?).

Get chatting and see what happens. Talk as much in real life as you can though, since you can more easily gauge eachother.

What star sign are you? Capricorns are cool.

Anyway, I think you should go for it. You don't have anything to lose really.

I'm a Taurus!

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm a Taurus!
    Tauruses are terrific! You're both earth signs, so should be more than compatible. I am also a fellow earth sign too.

Wow this is incredible to meet someone that's on the same page as me in terms of astrology. In your opinion from a fellow Taurus' perspective would I come across as too assertive to my Capricorn crush If I ask for his number near the end of the 19 weeks?

Personally, I think you should message him and talk to him because you've had a crush on him for 2 years and if you don't speak to /get to know him you will never know if it could have ever been anything. The worst thing that could happen is that he doesn't like you like that, but at least you'd know and it wouldn't be something where you would have been like "what if", if that makes sense?

ReputationRep:
    Why wait 19 weeks, ask him now, life is short for those who use their time inefficiently. The only thing that is going to change in 19 weeks is that you have 19 weeks less in which to enjoy whatever it is that you want out of this. It isn't being assertive to ask for someones number, sometimes you have to make things happen for you. You will only get what you want in life by going out and getting it, 'waiting is wasting'.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.truthstar.com/daily-horos...ily-horoscope/

Today's lucky colours are pineapple and dark grey. Lucky numbers are 11 and 9. If these numbers appear in his phone number that will surely be a good sign ?

ReputationRep:
    Ask him now!

ReputationRep:
    i reckon you may s well ask now i mean life is short its like that old saying "you miss 100% of the shots you dont take".

Wow this is incredible to meet someone that's on the same page as me in terms of astrology. In your opinion from a fellow Taurus' perspective would I come across as too assertive to my Capricorn crush If I ask for his number near the end of the 19 weeks?
    Indeed it is amazing. I am a Virgo, so essentially another earth sign and part of the trinity. I don't think he'd think you would be coming across as too forward by doing that. In fact, he may appreciate it if he likes you too. So, do you/have you talk(ed) to each other directly in the group chat?

ReputationRep:
    well ur off to uni in 19 weeks anyway so if it goes wrong you'll be away from him. and ur not gonna wonder about 'what if' just do it

Indeed it is amazing. I am a Virgo, so essentially another earth sign and part of the trinity. I don't think he'd think you would be coming across as too forward by doing that. In fact, he may appreciate it if he likes you too. So, do you/have you talk(ed) to each other directly in the group chat?
    Hey glad you replied! the only time when I talked to him in the group chat was when he asked a question which I guess was open to everyone and me being an excited Taurus answered it...

ReputationRep:
    So I have been having this crush on a guy for two years and only yesterday did I truly talk to him and we were both just as shy yet I felt very comfortable when I sat next to him. Since we're both off to Uni in a couple of months I'm planning on getting to know him better and make good conversation with him for the next 19 weeks...So the question is he's already in a group chat for a subject we both are doing so just before exams start is it okay as a girl to ask whether I can keep in touch with him by asking him whether I can add his number from the group chat or would he see me as being too assertive??

I know this sounds stupid to most of you as the majority don't believe in astrology here on TSR but he's a Capricorn so any advice would be appreciated!
    What has taken you so long?? I'm a guy, and i'd be flattered if some gal asked me for my number!! My first thought would be: "Wow, i must be doing SOMETHING right at last!!! Good luck!!

(Original post by Rabbit2)
    What has taken you so long?? I'm a guy, and i'd be flattered if some gal asked me for my number!! My first thought would be: "Wow, i must be doing SOMETHING right at last!!! Good luck!!
    Hey Rabbit2! The reason why it has taken me soo long is I wanted to be cautious and be confident that I have strong feelings for him and didn't want to rush things. This is purely because although I've never been in a relationship in the past I've had meaningless crushes and once had a bad experience when I didn't know what to say when my ex Aries crush had asked me out to prom without even getting to know me properly ( In year 11!) and he took it as a rejection when he didn't even ask my side of the story...this had then lead to me over-eating and becoming even more closed off making me unapproachable to new people but I managed to get out of that phase with the support of my friends. However for the past two years I've been observing my cappy crush from far and I can just feel that we will sync well together. He's reserved just like me and I've never seen a guy at the age of 18 with THAT level of maturity and passion to work hard which is probably what attracted me to him in the first place (I'm a year younger than him!) It has also taken me so long because I'm a reserved person and as "traditional girl type" as it sounds I rarely ever talk to guys at all and having said that I've only ever had one guy friend since the start of sixth-form who's like a fun buddy that I can speak freely to and banter with. This is why I feel that me initiating the conversation with my cappy crush is like a big achievement for me because never in the whole of my high school life have I ever taken a step towards getting to know my crush better because I was one of those girls that was content with admiring my crush from afar. However something about him makes me want to get to know more about him like I just don't know...Hope this answered your question!

(Original post by hahagr8stuff)
    well ur off to uni in 19 weeks anyway so if it goes wrong you'll be away from him. and ur not gonna wonder about 'what if' just do it

Hey hahagr8stuff! if it goes wrong I don't think I'll be away from him cause he's in my form!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.