The Student Room Group

When to most people apply for Masters?

Have had my eye on a few MScs for a while now but haven't been in a particular rush to apply as they all say 'there is no application deadline' or something similar. However I have realised that many people are getting offers already - so for some courses surely all places will fill up at some point?

Am I behind the game if I apply for these courses in January? Will some courses have filled all their places by now?
Original post by jonnny
Have had my eye on a few MScs for a while now but haven't been in a particular rush to apply as they all say 'there is no application deadline' or something similar. However I have realised that many people are getting offers already - so for some courses surely all places will fill up at some point?

Am I behind the game if I apply for these courses in January? Will some courses have filled all their places by now?

At competitive unis the applications will close as soon as they've filled up their spaces so apply early.
Original post by jonnny

Applying in January is not late at all for Mscs but it depends on the course and university. It's probably best to ring up and ask if there are places left and whether your chances of admission will be equivalent to those who have applied months before (but they should be).
Original post by jonnny

It depends on the Uni and the course - I applied for Uni of Winchester for Forensic Psychology (a highly competitive course) 2 months after the priority deadline, submitted my application in early May, had an interview 2 days later and got an offer a week later.

Don't leave it as late as that but I wouldn't panic too much. The thing that takes the time is getting your referees to do their references so allow enough time for that - thats part of why I applied so late!
I applied in middle of March, took about 4 weeks to get an offer (but only because DMU lost the application it had taken me nigh on three weeks to do!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending