Rejected for child nursing in Bradford university

Watch
This discussion is closed.
AmeilaMendes
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Basically I’ve applied for both midwifery and child nursing and for this university and Huddersfield I’ve applied for both child and midwifery whereas my last options is Teesside university where I’ve applied for only midwifery .

Just yesterday I got my FIRST response back for my application and urghhh unfortunately I was rejected for child nursing in Bradford. They didn’t give me a reason as to why they rejected me .

The grades that I am predicted are just below the entry requirements for them, as I was told by a professional that for universities it’s not ALWAYS about the grades but as how you are as person who wants to work in that environment and the skills you can bring in . So me being me I applied and now I’m worried that I might not get ANY offers at all .

All of my friends have got interviews and I’m the only one for them and I also think from my 6 form as well (not quite sure) who doesn’t have an interview 😪

Do you think that if I get the grades or the ucas points they want that I may somehow get into clearing for midwifery or any other nursing course? . Because that is literally my dream job !

Also what should you do if you go into clearing and what should you expect?

Thank you.
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AmeilaMendes)
Basically I’ve applied for both midwifery and child nursing and for this university and Huddersfield I’ve applied for both child and midwifery whereas my last options is Teesside university where I’ve applied for only midwifery .

Just yesterday I got my FIRST response back for my application and urghhh unfortunately I was rejected for child nursing in Bradford. They didn’t give me a reason as to why they rejected me .

The grades that I am predicted are just below the entry requirements for them, as I was told by a professional that for universities it’s not ALWAYS about the grades but as how you are as person who wants to work in that environment and the skills you can bring in . So me being me I applied and now I’m worried that I might not get ANY offers at all .

All of my friends have got interviews and I’m the only one for them and I also think from my 6 form as well (not quite sure) who doesn’t have an interview 😪

Do you think that if I get the grades or the ucas points they want that I may somehow get into clearing for midwifery or any other nursing course? . Because that is literally my dream job !

Thank you.
Contact them and ask for feedback. They might tell you why you were rejected. I think it's likely to be because of your choices - they will know you applied for 2 courses there, and so you will be seen as not being committed enough.

You may be better taking a year out, getting more experience, and being able to make a targeted application for one course once you have figured out which you prefer.
University of Bradford
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Thank you.
Hi

I have sent you a private message.

Thank you

Joe
AmeilaMendes
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by University of Bradford)
Hi

I have sent you a private message.

Thank you

Joe
Hi I haven’t received a private message from you
University of Bradford
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi I haven’t received a private message from you
Hi

Apologies, there must have been some sort of technical issue.

Thank you

Joe
VickyD1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I agree with Juno, maybe this is because you've chosen more than one choice. Midwifery and children's nursing are completely different careers, so to say it is your dream job I would think you would need to decide which one and try and persue that one course.
Maleea
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I too didn t make through to nursing at Bradford I didn't have all the ucas points but was invited to interview I would like to know how many people get into Bradford nursing who do not have all the levels access course etc...
Skhan456
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
how was the interview at Bradford I have got my interview next week so I was just wondering
Itsabukhan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I literally went through all the stages by getting interview and the receiving a conditional offer from Bradford university and I didn’t even get good response or reason to why I got rejected. I got offered another at the university which is something that I don’t see myself ever doing because my dream has always been focused on working with children and yet been rejected. I had applied all 5 university such as Huddersfield university, Manchester university, Leeds university and Salford and got rejected by all 5 and now I’m struggling where my future takes me sadly. I’ve been really upset the fact my effort and hard work has really gone down the drain.
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This thread is 3 years old - Itsabukhan if you make a new thread, with perhaps some more details about your application, hopefully you can get some support? :hugs:
Last edited by becausethenight; 1 month ago
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.55%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.13%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.1%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.13%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (77)
28.62%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.47%

Watched Threads