The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

CITY MSc Speech and Language Therapy 2018 - Interview Prep

I've been offered an interview at City University in Feb for the MSc Speech and Language Therapy course... does anyone know what to expect/what the interview will entail? Any help will be appreciated! Thank you x

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I have been invited for an interview for the MSc Speech and Language Therapy course too! All i know after doing quite a bit of reading on the website is that there'll be several different interviewers who will interview us individually which sounds terrifying! I'm quite curious too about what to expect but can't seem to find much about the actual process.
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Hey, how did your interview go? Hope it went well! Have you heard from City yet? I received an unconditional offer this morning so hopefully I’ll be starting the course in September. Hopefully you get good news. Has anyone else received an offer from City for the MSc in Speech and Language Therapy? X
Reply 3
Original post by Rahima_Ali
Hey, how did your interview go? Hope it went well! Have you heard from City yet? I received an unconditional offer this morning so hopefully I’ll be starting the course in September. Hopefully you get good news. Has anyone else received an offer from City for the MSc in Speech and Language Therapy? X

Congrats! when did you have your interview at City? I had mine on 7th Feb and still haven’t heard anything! You are the first I have heard of that has received any info! Fingers crossed the rest of us hear back soon!
Reply 4
Hi I have an unconditional offer :smile: I found out via the portal but haven't received an email. Just wondering have you been sent an email? I'm getting paranoid it's wrong with no confirmation email! Congratulations on getting an offer :smile:
Reply 5

Congrats! When did you interview?
Original post by squaglia
Congrats! when did you have your interview at City? I had mine on 7th Feb and still haven’t heard anything! You are the first I have heard of that has received any info! Fingers crossed the rest of us hear back soon!

Thank you! I had my interview on the 13th feb. I haven’t received an email yet but I checked the applicant portal and it said that I’ve been offered an unconditional offer. I’d advise you to check the applicant portal as I’ve heard from another applicant that it’s still going to take them a few days to send official offer letters. Hopefully you get good news!
Original post by Sezzyb25
Hi I have an unconditional offer :smile: I found out via the portal but haven't received an email. Just wondering have you been sent an email? I'm getting paranoid it's wrong with no confirmation email! Congratulations on getting an offer :smile:

Yay congratulations! So did! I checked the portal yesterday and that’s how I found out although I haven’t received any email from them yet. I’ve heard from another applicant that it’s still going to take the admissions team a few days to send out the official offer letters. I’m sure it can’t be wrong so don’t overthink, it’s real!
Original post by jas86
Congrats! When did you interview?

Thank you! I had my interview on the 13th feb. Did you apply? If so, when was your interview?
Reply 9
Thank you! I had my interview on the 13th feb. Did you apply? If so, when was your interview?

I interviewed on 16th so will hopefully find out soon. So, the portal changed from ‘your application is being processed’ to something else?
Original post by jas86
I interviewed on 16th so will hopefully find out soon. So, the portal changed from ‘your application is being processed’ to something else?

Ahh yeah hopefully you’ll hear back soon. Yeah mine changed to something along the lines of ‘congratulations! We are pleased to make you an unconditional offer’.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 11
Ahh yeah hopefully you’ll hear back soon. Yeah mine changed to something along the lines of ‘congratulations! We are pleased to make you an unconditional offer’. Hopefully you hear back from them soon

Happy days. Congrats!
Original post by jas86

Ahh yeah hopefully you’ll hear back soon. Yeah mine changed to something along the lines of ‘congratulations! We are pleased to make you an unconditional offer’.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by jas86
Happy days. Congrats!

Thank you!
Reply 14
Hiya! I’m trying to log into the portal but it’s asking me for my username/email and whenever I put in the email I applied with it says it isn’t the correct one and I need my username 🙄 just wanna check it on my phone as I’m currently on holiday and I can’t! Does anyone remember us being allocated a username/know how to check it on a phone?
Yay congratulations! So did! I checked the portal yesterday and that’s how I found out although I haven’t received any email from them yet. I’ve heard from another applicant that it’s still going to take the admissions team a few days to send out the official offer letters. I’m sure it can’t be wrong so don’t overthink, it’s real!

Thanks this has made me feel so much better!
Original post by CJ5897
Hiya! I’m trying to log into the portal but it’s asking me for my username/email and whenever I put in the email I applied with it says it isn’t the correct one and I need my username 🙄 just wanna check it on my phone as I’m currently on holiday and I can’t! Does anyone remember us being allocated a username/know how to check it on a phone?

Hey your username is your email address attached to the application and whatever password you used when you applied :smile: at least if you get the username right you should be able to change the password if you have forgotten it!
Reply 17
I just checked the online portal too and realised I have been given an offer too! Would have never thought to check online, was just waiting for an email. Thank you for letting us know! Hopefully see you in September :smile: x
Original post by Darcy G
I just checked the online portal too and realised I have been given an offer too! Would have never thought to check online, was just waiting for an email. Thank you for letting us know! Hopefully see you in September :smile: x

congratulations! i only checked it by chance as I thought they might update the portal more quickly rather than sending out confirmation emails. That's okay! Yep, hope to see you in September :smile: x
Reply 19
When did you all interview? Starting to get a bit worried!

Quick Reply

Latest