Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am a part time employee at Debenhams and I am till trained however I do not understand how to cash up can someone help me please?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Hev18)
    I am a part time employee at Debenhams and I am till trained however I do not understand how to cash up can someone help me please?
    What part of it don't you understand? Could you get your supervisor or manager to give you a bit more training and/or support with it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    What part of it don't you understand? Could you get your supervisor or manager to give you a bit more training and/or support with it?
    it's just counting the change such as 50ps 20ps 1p etc etc as I keep getting imbalances ? and I have but they haven't been in when I'm on my shifts there always off on mine
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Hev18)
    it's just counting the change such as 50ps 20ps 1p etc etc as I keep getting imbalances ? and I have but they haven't been in when I'm on my shifts there always off on mine
    Do you use a calculator to count?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Hev18)
    Do the supervisors/managers not cash the tills up?
    In most places, its the supervisors/managers who cash the tills up at the end of shifts, not normal employees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    Do the supervisors/managers not cash the tills up?
    In most places, its the supervisors/managers who cash the tills up at the end of shifts, not normal employees.
    Agreed. In my workplace only managers could count the tills to check for imbalances. Normal employee could not access the til draw unless during a transaction. Definitely speak to a manager asap and ask them.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by OwlOfFire)
    Agreed. In my workplace only managers could count the tills to check for imbalances. Normal employee could not access the til draw unless during a transaction. Definitely speak to a manager asap and ask them.
    I agree.
    The only thing i can think of that they could mean is counting your float at the beginning to make sure you have enough to begin with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    I agree.
    The only thing i can think of that they could mean is counting your float at the beginning to make sure you have enough to begin with.
    Quite possibly. If that is the case OP check to see how much you should have at the start and whether the correct amount is in the till. I know some places almost don't allow you to do this. Where I worked we were suppose to check the float before hand, but we never actually got the opportunity to. We were often told to "Hop on till" and just takeover where ever the last person left off. If we were the first on the manager would hand us the till draw and we just had to take their word that it was counted correct. In some cases we had to do "swaps" for change. Like a manager would just come along take a note out of the draw and hand me a bag of coins. I just presumed he counted the coins and was swapping it correctly, as there would have been no way I could have counted out hundreds of coins while customers were stood there.

The best thing to do is have a word with the manager and ask them to show you how to cash up and explain the regulations. Where I worked we even had to do cash drops.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by OwlOfFire)
    Quite possibly. If that is the case OP check to see how much you should have at the start and whether the correct amount is in the till. I know some places almost don't allow you to do this. Where I worked we were suppose to check the float before hand, but we never actually got the opportunity to. We were often told to "Hop on till" and just takeover where ever the last person left off. If we were the first on the manager would hand us the till draw and we just had to take their word that it was counted correct. In some cases we had to do "swaps" for change. Like a manager would just come along take a note out of the draw and hand me a bag of coins. I just presumed he counted the coins and was swapping it correctly, as there would have been no way I could have counted out hundreds of coins while customers were stood there.

The best thing to do is have a word with the manager and ask them to show you how to cash up and explain the regulations. Where I worked we even had to do cash drops.
    I agree.
    Especially seeing as different places have different rules and expectations.

ReputationRep:
    Just count the change up one by one and type the amount into the box using the keyboard to avoid any touchscreen errors

ReputationRep:
    Make some money from my link:

https://www.likesxl.com/

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.