Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i can't believe i'm desperate enough to appeal on ukl for help, but i've been eating far too much cream cheese/fatty stuff recently, and i now have chunky rugby thighs....*quiet, Everdawn *
    which is all cool, but it's getting a bit OTT, as i'm going to have wear baggy trousers for the rest of my life if i'm not careful. any ideas what i can do to trim them down to something more respectable?

thanks (rep available as usual).

ReputationRep:
    spin in a circle for 4 and a half mins a days. That will work.

ReputationRep:
    Stop eating all of the cream cakes and save some for other people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I love Vienna)
    spin in a circle for 4 and a half mins a days. That will work.
    then hop 4 5 mins on each leg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    i can't believe i'm desperate enough to appeal on ukl for help, but i've been eating far too much cream cheese/fatty stuff recently, and i now have chunky rugby thighs....*quiet, Everdawn *
    which is all cool, but it's getting a bit OTT, as i'm going to have wear baggy trousers for the rest of my life if i'm not careful. any ideas what i can do to trim them down to something more respectable?

step 1 - join a gym
    step 2- actually go to it (and not just for a jacuzzi)

quite like beefy legs on a man myself tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)

Go swimming and do lots of cycling - best general forms of exercise and are great for the legs

ReputationRep:
    You could try running or cycling, I hear that's pretty good for your legs Or you go down to the gym and pump some iron Rocky style- that might tone them up a bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miriam_StarGirl)
    step 1 - join a gym
    I've joined... I'm just using the swimming pool at the moment - the gym bit scares me lol

In all fairness though, I am actually *swimming* lol

ReputationRep:
    walk to college/uni

use stairs instead of lift

break your remote control so you have to get up to change the channel

stop eating the creamy cakes

stop drinking fizzy drinks

if you go gym, use treadmill, stair stepper, rowing machine. dont use leg weights as this wont make you thighs smaller it will just make them muscular

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)

stop eating the creamy cakes

Quite right

ReputationRep:
    cycling seems a good idea... i quite like that, compared to running. some pretty good cycle paths around as well.

and i'm afraid to cause an occurrence rarely seen in England - an earthquake if i do too much hopping

but lots of good ideas, thanks ppl!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miriam_StarGirl)
    step 1 - join a gym

quite like beefy legs on a man myself tho
    i used a gym on holiday last summer and got my muscles sorted (as well as clearing excess fat)
    gym's are a bit expensive around here, i'm *thinking* of waiting 3 more weeks then joining my uni gym on a student discount, if there is one available.

i'm gratified by ur last point tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    cycling seems a good idea... i quite like that, compared to running. some pretty good cycle paths around as well.

and i'm afraid to cause an occurrence rarely seen in England - an earthquake if i do too much hopping

If you do decide to go cycling - please wear a helmet, I saw the most horrible head injury the other day when some guy came off his bike. Urgh <shudders remembering>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)

do the cycling at night when everyone is asleep, you will feel more confident.

also dance to music, and when noone is in the house run up and down the stairs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    do the cycling at night when everyone is asleep, you will feel more confident.

also dance to music, and when noone is in the house run up and down the stairs.
    Jesus you're brave - cycling at night round my area isn't the best idea! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red665)
    Jesus you're brave - cycling at night round my area isn't the best idea! :eek:
    if you get kicked of the bike, run after them, even if you cant catch up it is still exercise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    if you get kicked of the bike, run after them, even if you cant catch up it is still exercise
    lmao - to run after them I'd need kneecaps, something I'm not likely to have if someone round here decides that they wanted my bike with me still on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    as long as i keep the thighs pumping away then

i can just imagine all of you waiting to jump on me as i round the corner on my bike... :eek: then me having to chase everyone.

all to burn off those extra pounds!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    as long as i keep the thighs pumping away then

i can just imagine all of you waiting to jump on me as i round the corner on my bike... :eek: then me having to chase everyone.

all to burn off those extra pounds!
    LOL - aaw, we're happy to help hehe

Good luck - start tomorrow and see it fall away in the next few weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red665)
    Good luck - start tomorrow and see it fall away in the next few weeks
    theres no time like the present.

go on 4ed, go now! then come back and tell us if you got mugged.

go on, get on yer bike!

Poll
Do you have a role model?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.