The Student Room Group

Cie o levels subjects

Hellow guys ,so i am preparing for o level exams and ....i am alil bit confused,i have taken..bio,maths(core) i am extremely weak in maths btw,wish there was an option to drop it)sociology,bussiness/ and english......due to my finances i cant take all the five subjects at once and so am gonna take the first 3..that is ,bio,english and sociology then maths and chemistry at a later date,guys are these subjects easy to pass,honestly i cant afford to fail!! plus is my selection ok for someone interested in medicine in future? please help....plus feel free to suggest more subjects u think wont give me stress........please help!
Original post by sam jnr
Hellow guys ,so i am preparing for o level exams and ....i am alil bit confused,i have taken..bio,maths(core) i am extremely weak in maths btw,wish there was an option to drop it)sociology,bussiness/ and english......due to my finances i cant take all the five subjects at once and so am gonna take the first 3..that is ,bio,english and sociology then maths and chemistry at a later date,guys are these subjects easy to pass,honestly i cant afford to fail!! plus is my selection ok for someone interested in medicine in future? please help....plus feel free to suggest more subjects u think wont give me stress........please help!

The important ones are maths and English for any form of study and then Chemistry and Biology, but at A level. That is if you want to do Medicine.

Obviously they are passable, just dont take them till you are ready and work hard. You may need more than 5 and to get v good grades for some unis.
https://www.themedicportal.com/application-guide/choosing-a-medical-school/gcse-requirements-for-medicine/

If you have ambitions for a UK uni then you will need Chemistry and Biology A level plus all three must be taken in a two year window. Resits make it difficult to impossible, so avoid them.

Medicine applications by their nature are stressful am afraid.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest