Merged with Newcastle
Ahad27
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by S.G.)
Merged with Newcastle
It seems like it has completely disappeared, does the medical school have two campuses?
taysidefrog
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Has there ever been one? There wasn't one when I was at med school in the late 1980s, there was just Newcastle in that area.
plrodham1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by taysidefrog)
Has there ever been one? There wasn't one when I was at med school in the late 1980s, there was just Newcastle in that area.
They used to offer pre-clinical at Durham as part of the Newcastle degree following which you would join the Newcastle cohort for the last 3 years (though spread across the region). Last year the school of medicine and pharmacy (in Stockton) moved up to Newcastle so this is no longer offered, Newcastle simply now have a slightly larger cohort.
Blazingphoenix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah Durham closed its school of medicine, pharmacy and health and are in the process of merging with Newcastle. Their last intake was last year (2016 entry), so the only medical students still currently being taught at the Stockton campus are the second years, who will start their placements next year and thus leave Durham for good. As such, the Newcastle cohort has now increased in numbers, up to just over 300 now and pharmacy is now also offered in Newcastle.
Gregor99
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Durham closed school of medicine as I think they are making Queen's campus (where medicine was studied) into an international foundation degree campus.
Gregor99
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
https://www.dur.ac.uk/news/newsitem/?itemno=28534
Crashwin
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I know its really sad. I wanted to put my substituted PS for medicine at Duhram. Crushed my dream
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (388)
67.24%
No (189)
32.76%

Watched Threads