The Student Room Group

Going out on your own - is it acceptable?

I been going to clubs and bars on my own for months now. Mainly cause I don’t have proper friends and I always get let down by people when I ask them to come with me. I do enjoy it, it can be fun I like the independence doing my own thing and the challenge of having to approach and talk to strangers. But it seems recently strangers on nights out are getting more and more hostile to me if I approach them and people don’t want to engage with me maybe cause they think it’s creepy for a bloke on his own. I’m now starting to doubt myself and it’s pulling apart my confidence. Just like any young person i just wanna have fun and enjoy myself and if it’s between being at home being miserable or going out trying to have fun alone I would prefer going out. But its getting to me now and every time I’m out my confidence to approach new people and to have fun dancing at nightclubs is going down everytime cause it seems like more people look down on me for being lonely and think it’s creepy behaviour. When actually it’s not, I genuinely feel im a really nice guy and all the people I’ve met who were decent enough to accept me have all made the exact same remark. And now even my parents are constantly questioning why I’m out alone and are constantly banging on about my safety I think it upsets them.

So im wondering do you think it’s acceptable going out on your own? And any advice on my situation would really be greatly appreciated
how are you gonna have fun at a club if you don't have anyone to dance with?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
how are you gonna have fun at a club if you don't have anyone to dance with?

A lot of alcohol and good music
Original post by Anonymous
A lot of alcohol and good music

why do you think you can't make proper friends?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending