The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Biology Unit 3 22nd of jan 2018

Anybody taking Edexcel Biology IAL Unit 3 in jan 2018?
exam is in few days, any tips?

Scroll to see replies

Yeah me, what do you think is going to come?
Hi, I am thinking enzyme activity or Cell memebrane
I could only find 1 pastpaper for enzymatic activity from JAN 2009 and until now!
Reply 4
enzymes came 2 times in jan 2015 and june 2010
i think it would be either cell membrane or enzymes or maybe mineral deficiency as well i don't know.
Also do you guys have any summarised notes to study from?
Reply 5
can someone explain the answer to c (ii) in question 2 in nov 2017?
Original post by farida145
can someone explain the answer to c (ii) in question 2 in nov 2017?

not sure of it either but i think you should first draw a vertical line at age 22 and stop where it crosses the mean curve.

then draw a horizontal line (make sure it's very accurate ) along the length of the whole graph. the horizontal line will cross two points of the 1 and -1 standard deviation.
then draw two vertical line down at the point where the horizontal line Crosses and obtain the age range.

I guess this is what i kinda understood. hope it helps. :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
how do you draw standard deviations? is it according to the scale on the graph or?
•The SDS can be used to draw error bars where the SD value is subtracted and added to the mean value. To scale Y-axis, the lowest value is the lowest mean minus its SD and the highest value is the highest mean plus its SD.
Reply 9
guys what about totipotency and root tip? never seen any past paper with it lmao.
oct 2016 I think
Reply 11
Original post by colourlessness
not sure of it either but i think you should first draw a vertical line at age 22 and stop where it crosses the mean curve.

then draw a horizontal line (make sure it's very accurate ) along the length of the whole graph. the horizontal line will cross two points of the 1 and -1 standard deviation.
then draw two vertical line down at the point where the horizontal line Crosses and obtain the age range.

I guess this is what i kinda understood. hope it helps. :smile:

thank you so much
Reply 12
Original post by colourlessness
how do you draw standard deviations? is it according to the scale on the graph or?

yes you plot them according to the scale of the Y axis and it doesn't have to be that accurate
Reply 13
Original post by darmes
guys what about totipotency and root tip? never seen any past paper with it lmao.

no both came in the recent exams june 2017 and nov 2016
Original post by unknown2914
•The SDS can be used to draw error bars where the SD value is subtracted and added to the mean value. To scale Y-axis, the lowest value is the lowest mean minus its SD and the highest value is the highest mean plus its SD.

thankks!
Anyone finished please share answers ...
Reply 16
Original post by WOLFO_Ooo
Anyone finished please share answers ...

WHat was the answer for the cost difference of using aspirin and statins?
Reply 17
Original post by Osh0711
WHat was the answer for the cost difference of using aspirin and statins?

i think it was 224.49
Reply 18
how did you find the exam guys?
i thought it was easy
but how did you solve the question asking about the manipulated data in paragraph 7?
Original post by farida145
i think it was 224.49

thank god

Quick Reply

Latest