The Student Room Group

New app idea

Opinion of new app sharing videos

Without going into too much detail I was wondering if anyone thinks sharing videos publically and personally on a social media platform is a good idea? Before you mention youtube, I am thinking personalised videos of different events in your life recorded sand stored on a database.
(edited 6 years ago)
It still sounds like YouTube to me. Could you elaborate a bit more?
Playlist on youtube will do the same thing. Like you can make a playlist of videos of your child growing up etc. Then share them.
Reply 3
There will be dates of the events. On each day there will be a link to video of last month. You can have contacts from your phone as followers and message friends in relation to the video. I have a few more add ins but that would be he unique selling point and rather not share it yet
Reply 4
Original post by 786hasan123
Playlist on youtube will do the same thing. Like you can make a playlist of videos of your child growing up etc. Then share them.

But if you want to share one or two personal videos to your individual contacts. E.g birthday of a friend would remind you on the date the following year e.g. in 2019 what you did in 2018 by sharing the video
Reply 5
Original post by num.7
It still sounds like YouTube to me. Could you elaborate a bit more?

It’s personalised and can be shared with a few members. There can be a discussion group around those videos that members are invited.

It’s to connect human emotion e.g graduating school people can be added to that group and discuss their experiences. This group would be open and a message would alert when a notification of a new comment is made
Original post by Jamesbb
There will be dates of the events. On each day there will be a link to video of last month. You can have contacts from your phone as followers and message friends in relation to the video. I have a few more add ins but that would be he unique selling point and rather not share it yet

If this "unique selling point" is one of the 20% of features that bring 80% of your users then it's very much worthwhile to share (80/20 rule), otherwise we can't give you a proper opinion because your app sounds very generic from what already exists within this market space.
Original post by Jamesbb
It’s personalised and can be shared with a few members. There can be a discussion group around those videos that members are invited.

It’s to connect human emotion e.g graduating school people can be added to that group and discuss their experiences. This group would be open and a message would alert when a notification of a new comment is made

This sounds promising.
Reply 8
It would be nice to directly PM someone through the app

Quick Reply

Latest