The Student Room Group

I'm scared he's going to end up killing himself

I'm really worried about someone who used to be a really good friend, I can't talk to him or try to get through to him now because we dated and our friendship died with the break up.

Over the past year he has isolated himself from the friendship group, he has left all the group chats, he doesn't turn up to gatherings anymore, even his really close friends barely see him now. He misses his lessons more than he attends them. One morning he came in on the bus, decided he didn't want to be there and walked 3 hours home. He has no plans for the future, he's not going to uni, applying for an apprenticeship or even thinking about getting a job. He's not revising for exams at all, his friends have tried encouraging him to revise but he just doesn't listen. When someone asked what he wanted to do after sixth form, he said "die", I don't know how literal that was meant.

He has awful parents, they are not supportive in the slightest and do not give any **** about his life. It's really really sad because he's such a nice person.

He supposedly had a girlfriend for a couple of months recently but they have now broke up, a lot of people don't think that she ever existed though, because of his vagueness when asked about her and how things didn't add up.

What can I do?? Some of my/his friends want to encourage him to revise by revising with him, but nothing has been done yet. The sixth form safeguarding team won't be able to do much since he barely ever turns up. He doesn't have any aspirations for the future, and all he does is play computer games, I fear the worst. I want to help him but it'd be difficult for me to talk to him, I moved into another relationship quickly and I can't help but feeling like it triggered some kind of downward spiral.
As much as you want to help, like what you said, you may have been a causal factor towards his current state (not that you are to blame for it). So it may be better to let others who are equally close / closer to try and help instead.
Reply 2
Original post by singzeon
As much as you want to help, like what you said, you may have been a causal factor towards his current state (not that you are to blame for it). So it may be better to let others who are equally close / closer to try and help instead.

How could they help??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending