BPTC 2018 intake Watch

Hardina
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rump0le)
They were indeed released today!
Can I ask if you've heard in the positive or negative? I've had first round offers from Ulaw London and Birmingham and UWE. Ulaw my preference but waiting on scholarship info to make final decision 🙈
Rump0le
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by HelenaSorrows)
Can I ask how you know? Did you receive a scholarship and have they emailed everyone?
(Original post by Gym Bunny)
Can I ask how you know? Did you receive an email? Does everyone who applied get told if they have a scholarship or not?
(Original post by Hardina)
Can I ask if you've heard in the positive or negative? I've had first round offers from Ulaw London and Birmingham and UWE. Ulaw my preference but waiting on scholarship info to make final decision 🙈
I found out via phone and email, I did receive one. I have had friends who didn't get one and have heard nothing
HelenaSorrows
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I found out via phone and email, I did receive one. I have had friends who didn't get one and have heard nothing

Was this the advocacy scholarship?
Rump0le
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Was this the advocacy scholarship?
Yes it was
Hardina
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks, congratulations 😊
HelenaSorrows
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes it was
Congratulations. My advocacy part went badly so not surprised I didn't get one hahaha.
Rump0le
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Hardina)
Thanks, congratulations 😊
Thank you, best of luck to everyone else. We only have til Friday to accept before them move to other people
Gym Bunny
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Can anybody help me understand how a postgraduate student loan works if I study a BPTC combined with LLM?

As I understand it, I can borrow £10290 to pay for the LLM. The BPTC LLM at BPP London costs £19070, does that mean I can borrow £10290 towards the cost, leaving me £8780? Or can I only get a student loan for the LLM part of it?

I am a bit confused, can anybody help?
HelenaSorrows
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Can anybody help me understand how a postgraduate student loan works if I study a BPTC combined with LLM?

As I understand it, I can borrow £10290 to pay for the LLM. The BPTC LLM at BPP London costs £19070, does that mean I can borrow £10290 towards the cost, leaving me £8780? Or can I only get a student loan for the LLM part of it?

As the LLM is integrated into the BPTC you can get the full government loan available (which you say is £10,290) and would be left with £8780 to self fund. Hope that clears it for you (it is rather confusing).
Tom_smithpupil
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

I assume you are talking about the government postgrad loan?

As far I understand, you get your loan for the LLM alone. The loan is not available for professional courses. So you will have to cover the difference.

Is the loan still limited to £10,000? That’s how it used to be, not sure if it has changed.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Gym Bunny
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As the LLM is integrated into the BPTC you can get the full government loan available (which you say is £10,290) and would be left with £8780 to self fund. Hope that clears it for you (it is rather confusing).
Wonderful! That is good news. Thanks for your help.
Rump0le
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

You have to fund the remaining amount as I understand it. If you get the full £10'200 you'd have to fund the remainder of your fees
Rump0le
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is anyone here headed to ULAw Bloomsbury full time, would be good to make some pals pre course
twasbrillig
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is anyone here headed to ULAw Bloomsbury full time, would be good to make some pals pre course
Hi Rump0le might be headed there myself, still debating between ULaw Bloomsbury or City Law School; have attended a selection event for ULaw obviously, but (the information on their website aside) does anyone have any idea what City law school is like?
wends_1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by twasbrillig)
Hi Rump0le might be headed there myself, still debating between ULaw Bloomsbury or City Law School; have attended a selection event for ULaw obviously, but (the information on their website aside) does anyone have any idea what City law school is like?
No idea but be I'll be at the Taster Event this Saturday. I guess it gives you an opportunity to see how the course runs. The only advantage is City law school teaches 3 days a week whilst Ulaw teaches 4 days a week. The extra modules are quite different.
Pandan2018
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Does anyone know when we can expect city scholarship results?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Rump0le
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Pandan2018)
Does anyone know when we can expect city scholarship results?
I'm ULaw but one of my connections on LinkedIn posted today about receiving one?
LawGrad1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Has anyone heard anything about the BPP advocacy award?
Rump0le
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by LawGrad1)
Has anyone heard anything about the BPP advocacy award?
Again, not through my own experience, but I've seen people posting about it on twitter and LinkedIn
LawGrad1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Thanks for that, I had a quick look - they seem to be from out of London. I wonder if there is a delay with the London ones. Very frustrating as it's a long bank holiday weekend and the deadline is looming.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (164)
18.45%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (90)
10.12%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (148)
16.65%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (129)
14.51%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.56%
How can I be the best version of myself? (273)
30.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed