The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Got Milk
Discuss

Hell no. I’m born in one of the most deprived parts of the country ( tower hamlets) and I’ve got a MacBook Pro; saved up for it and bought it for 1500 . Don’t mean I’m rich
Original post by SherlockD
Hell no. I’m born in one of the most deprived parts of the country ( tower hamlets) and I’ve got a MacBook Pro; saved up for it and bought it for 1500 . Don’t mean I’m rich
hardly Africa
Discuss

I’m not rich..
And I’v got a Mac Pro, so?

It’s not like I’m a spoilt teenager with loaded parents.
My dad got it for me years ago for my birthday.

It’s one day in a year and so I think I deserved it :smile:
Discuss

I've got one and I'm a pensioner and not in the least rich.
Reply 5
Only uncultured swines have MacBooks*
There - fixed it for you.
Reply 6
Original post by Oneiropólos
I’m not rich..
And I’v got a Mac Pro, so?

It’s not like I’m a spoilt teenager with loaded parents.
My dad got it for me years ago for my birthday.

It’s one day in a year and so I think I deserved it :smile:

Your dad spent over £1000 for a birthday present?? If I want anything over £50 I have to pay the rest, can I have your dad please 😩
Reply 7
Everyone defines rich differently, someone I might consider rich wouldn’t consider them self rich. Also someone might save and work hard to get a MacBook, still be working class but have a ‘luxury’ item. It’s not as black and white as “you have an expensive thing so you’re rich”.
I have 7 kids so it wasn't that expensive between them.
Original post by cat_mac
Your dad spent over £1000 for a birthday present?? If I want anything over £50 I have to pay the rest, can I have your dad please 😩

Trust me, you wouldn’t want him :wink:.

The reason he bought it for me was because he was trying to buy my likeness of him.

Still want him? :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 10
hardly Africa

i hate when people say this like every part of Africa is poor
Original post by Oneiropólos
Trust me, you would want him :wink:.

The reason he bought it for me was because he was trying to buy my likeness of him.

Still want him? :smile:

Yes please I have daddy issues too but mine doesn’t give me nice things because of it 😭 swap? I want a MacBook lol
Being rich can also mean having an abundance of love and kindness
I could afford a mac book. But I'd rather spend my money on other things.
Reply 14
Original post by SherlockD

Paying 1500 for a gadget would indicate otherwise.
We are not rich at all and I am planning to get a MacBook Pro, as I am going to study Computer Science at Uni. Anyway every person spends money on specific things , people having MacBook doesn't make them rich.
Macbooks are a luxury item: there are cheaper pc's that are just as good. So yes, if you buy a macbook instead of one of those you're apparently not short on money and thus rich.
Original post by Napp
Paying 1500 for a gadget would indicate otherwise.

"gadget" sorry grandad
Nope. I have a MacBook and all I done was work and save for it.
Only stupid people have MacBooks

Latest