The Student Room Group

Geography NEA word count???

So I've done most of my Nea but for aqa A-level geography but still need to do evaluation and conclusions! So far my word count is at about 6,000 but I've just read that the guidelines are 3000-4000 words and I can't really see a way of cutting mine down without getting key info in as I'm aiming for high grades! Just wondering how long everyone else's is and whether you thinks it's worth me cutting it down- will it effect my grade badly if I don't??
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
tbf mines on 8,000, i think its a guideline of roughly how much they want you to write but hopefully shouldn't affect your grade.
These are just the guidelines for your NEA but you do not have to restrict yourself in terms of including all the information that you need or want to include.
Original post by Eleanor1999
So I've done most of my Nea but for aqa A-level geography but still need to do evaluation and conclusions! So far my word count is at about 6,000 but I've just read that the guidelines are 3000-4000 words and I can't really see a way of cutting mine down without getting key info in as I'm aiming for high grades! Just wondering how long everyone else's is and whether you thinks it's worth me cutting it down- will it effect my grade badly if I don't??

I'm Eduqas and my markscheme literally says in the conclusion part that the report has to be concise (3000-4000 words). So I would check what your markscheme says about length. If there isn't anything it should be okay :smile:
you only loose a max. of two marks for going over the word count so best to keep all your good info, and only drop a couple of marks than to shorten your NEA, leaving out key pieces of info and therefore dropping more marks.
Original post by Eleanor1999

yeah mine is 6000 words as well but ive been advised by my teacher who marks NEAs that if it covers all areas to get high marks, its not worth cutting down because you would get more marks with a fab but comprehensive study than you would with a concise but not broad study if that makes sense??
If its really good and it wouldn't make sense without all the bits dont cut out .You go Elanor!!

Quick Reply

Latest