maddy9280
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Has anyone got experience of social work group interviews?!?

I've done one once but froze!

People were bringing up different acts and social policies... BUT WHAT ARE THEY LOOKING FOR?!?

Interviews coming up soon, any advice welcomed.

Thanks.
Maddy
S1elyak1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What universities have you got interviews for?

I've had two group tasks as part of my interviews and both were very different
maddy9280
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by kayleighisonfire)
What universities have you got interviews for?

I've had two group tasks as part of my interviews and both were very different
Lancaster and Essex
AnnaGlypta
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I can't help out with what the group discussion will be like for the unis you have applied too but in my experience it can vary from uni to uni on what is expected.

Ultimately they will be looking at how you are able to communicate, don't be a shrinking violet and not say anything but don't domineer the conversation and cut people up, and it's just as much about listening as well as speaking! They will also, possibly, be looking at your body language, so hold yourself well and smile

Some unis will give you a topic for the group discussion, make sure you know what this is and do some reading around it, you will probably be asked what the topic is before you start the group discussion. If you haven't been given a topic to discuss prior you may be given something like a case study to discuss. Whatever way they decide to structure your group discussion, what you would of been asked to do will be asked about in the actual interview - things like, how did you feel about your contribution ect.
123aoife
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by maddy9280)
Has anyone got experience of social work group interviews?!?

I've done one once but froze!

People were bringing up different acts and social policies... BUT WHAT ARE THEY LOOKING FOR?!?

Interviews coming up soon, any advice welcomed.

Thanks.
Maddy
When u did the group tasks, did they give u a scenario to perform or did they give u a topic to chat about. I’m rly nervous and don’t know what’s meant to be happening
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads