The Student Room Group

how do muslim women control their sexual desires?

hey, so im having a bit of trouble and it feels like theres always a brick wall ahead of me
i do have a really high libido and i have tried to control it but it is really hard to. i am muslim because i was raised muslim but im not that religious if that makes sense. ive been thinking of just losing it i dont really care if hes not my first love but i just have to like him a lot. unsure what to do. i have tried to fast and also read that drinking peppermint tea reduces sexual desires but it hasnt done anything
i dont want to marry either cos im not going to get married for my lust thats just wrong.
any useful tips/advice? thank you for any tips x
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You're obviously a teenager. Religion won't stop your natural body functions.
Look, I'm sure if God exists they've got better things to worry about than who you sleep with.

Also have you never heard of masturbation?
Original post by JVR12
You're obviously a teenager. Religion won't stop your natural body functions.

i just turned 20 and i know but i really need help because it gets frustrating as its affecting my sleep
Original post by Anonymous
Look, I'm sure if God exists they've got better things to worry about than who you sleep with.

Also have you never heard of masturbation?

yes and i do sometimes (should of mentioned this) but its just my mind wonders and i really want to lose it
Reply 5
Invest in a vibrator?
Get married then.

Nothing wrong with getting married to have your sexual needs met in a mutually respectful relationship. People get married to have kids or not be lonely. All rational reasons

Better than going on 20 tinder dates, 10 who will stand you up or cancel, 5 will already be in relationships, 4 will be creeps and 1 will look nothing like his picture

Each date takes at least 7 days of texting and snapping to arrange
Original post by Anonymous
Get married then.

Nothing wrong with getting married to have your sexual needs met in a mutually respectful relationship. People get married to have kids or not be lonely. All rational reasons

Better than going on 20 tinder dates, 10 who will stand you up or cancel, 5 will already be in relationships, 4 will be creeps and 1 will look nothing like his picture

Each date takes at least 7 days of texting and snapping to arrange

i dont want to marry for just sex i want to love them so marriage is a no
Original post by Napp
Invest in a vibrator?

hmm maybe my mind wonders a lot and im really curious about sex and its really frustrating
Just do it
Original post by Blooming Rose
hey, so im having a bit of trouble and it feels like theres always a brick wall ahead of me
i do have a really high libido and i have tried to control it but it is really hard to. i am muslim because i was raised muslim but im not that religious if that makes sense. ive been thinking of just losing it i dont really care if hes not my first love but i just have to like him a lot. unsure what to do. i have tried to fast and also read that drinking peppermint tea reduces sexual desires but it hasnt done anything
i dont want to marry either cos im not going to get married for my lust thats just wrong.
any useful tips/advice? thank you x
So basically you're a Muslim because your parents raised you that way and you haven't yet got round to leaving Islam, yes?
The love of life and fear of being burned alive before having my charred corpse thrown in a ditch works pretty well for me.
i dont want to marry for just sex i want to love them so marriage is a no

Those things are not mutually exclusive though...
Original post by Tootles
So basically you're a Muslim because your parents raised you that way and you haven't yet got round to leaving Islam, yes?

its kind of a subject ive been trying to avoid like i read about it but im pretty not interested in religion overall (dont judge me) so im not really sure
my family are kind of strict muslim but they dont force me that much to do anything religious
Reply 14
Watching cat videos?

Do what makes you happy, if you're not religious then it's probably fine.
Original post by Tantalus
Those things are not mutually exclusive though...

look im not really thinking of marriage im so young not even sure i want to marry maybe if i find the one then yeah
Get yours sis! If you want to have sex, go for it. There’s no shame in enjoying sex, if you don’t enjoy it then you’re doing it wrong! Do you have any guy friends that you’re attracted to? Nicer to have a fwb than a one night stand. I agree with saving marriage for love, don’t just marry the first d*ck you hop lmao
its kind of a subject ive been trying to avoid like i read about it but im pretty not interested in religion overall (dont judge me) so im not really sure
my family are kind of strict muslim but they dont force me that much to do anything religious
You can be at peace with God (whoever you believe that to be) without being a zealous and pious practitioner of any specific religion. The basic rules are the same for all faiths: don't be an ass to people, help them and be the person you want people to be to you.

As far as sex goes, explore but be safe. Masturbate, talk to guys, go to be with them if you like. Just be safe and don't do anything you'll regret.
Original post by cat_mac
Get yours sis! If you want to have sex, go for it. There’s no shame in enjoying sex, if you don’t enjoy it then you’re doing it wrong! Do you have any guy friends that you’re attracted to? Nicer to have a fwb than a one night stand. I agree with saving marriage for love, don’t just marry the first d*ck you hop lmao

yeah i dont believe you should enter a marriage just to have sex because thats not really love in my eyes and i do want to be in love someday

thanks :smile: i just have to be careful cos some guys are real losers
Original post by Tootles
You can be at peace with God (whoever you believe that to be) without being a zealous and pious practitioner of any specific religion. The basic rules are the same for all faiths: don't be an ass to people, help them and be the person you want people to be to you.

As far as sex goes, explore but be safe. Masturbate, talk to guys, go to be with them if you like. Just be safe and don't do anything you'll regret.

i guess just dont want to feel like im doing anything wrong. im pretty good tbh i have friends i look out for and loving parents and dont do anything illegal (besides download music haha)

thanks x

Latest