Exercise regime... Watch

This discussion is closed.
fordeletionpurposesonly.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Hey everyone

Just wondering how much exercise people do a week, what your regime is if you have one...

Mine at the moment is 100 sit ups (50 morning, 50 night) and at least half an hour swimming a day, but I want to start using the gym twice a week too. (Just have to get up the courage to actually walk in there!) but I've no idea what machines to use or anything yet - need to ask when I get in there.

chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
you shouldnt do sit ups/crunches every day apparantly, you need 24 hours relaxation time between workouts so the muscle can tone/grow.

when you sign up to the gym, they will give you an induction. its basically quite easy, most people work on a few certain areas ie monday: triceps, biceps. tuesday: abs, chest etc etc.
thats to do with giving muscle time to grow again, so shouldnt work on same place for around 30 hours.
all the machines have a little sign to show you what body part it works on.
the running machines, rowing machines, steppers, cycles are just mostly to lose weight.

are you a gal or geezer? edit: just seen your a girl
fordeletionpurposesonly.
Rep:
?
(Original post by chats)
you shouldnt do sit ups/crunches every day apparantly, you need 24 hours relaxation time between workouts so the muscle can tone/grow.

when you sign up to the gym, they will give you an induction. its basically quite easy, most people work on a few certain areas ie monday: triceps, biceps. tuesday: abs, chest etc etc.
thats to do with giving muscle time to grow again, so shouldnt work on same place for around 30 hours.
all the machines have a little sign to show you what body part it works on.
the running machines, rowing machines, steppers, cycles are just mostly to lose weight.

are you a gal or geezer? edit: just seen your a girl
Mmm- I'll remember that about the sit ups I'll give it 24 hours between the sets then, YAY! lol a valid reason not to do them! yipee!

ok cool, I'll have a word with the gym people, I think I *might* still be a member, I used to go but somewhere along the way I lost my motivation and it's been a loooooooong time since I ventured back!

And yup I'm a girlie
s43
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
100 sit ups, np
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Usually pop down the gym every night.

Over the last week i've probably played about 15 hours of tennis and been to the gym for about ten hours.. although it has been the holidays from college.

Typically i'll go to the gym for ninety minutes then swim for half an hour to get rid of all that lactic acid!!
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
wow, i am spectacularly lazy
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
anyone seen the episode when homer goes to the gym?

sees the gym sign

''gime, what the hell is a gime''

walks in

''ohhhhhhh, a gime''

LMAO
fordeletionpurposesonly.
Rep:
?
(Original post by chats)
anyone seen the episode when homer goes to the gym?

sees the gym sign

''gime, what the hell is a gime''

walks in

''ohhhhhhh, a gime''

LMAO
Haha! that was wicked! "POWER SAUCE!"
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by red665)
Haha! that was wicked! "POWER SAUCE!"
its weird, homer was back to his normal shape in the next episode
fordeletionpurposesonly.
Rep:
?
(Original post by chats)
its weird, homer was back to his normal shape in the next episode
LOL, that's nothing - entire characters have disappeared between episodes lol especially if you're relying on BBC2 to schedule the shows, you get them from all over the shop thrown together!
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
LOL, that's nothing - entire characters have disappeared between episodes lol especially if you're relying on BBC2 to schedule the shows, you get them from all over the shop thrown together!
lol. its going to be so weird watching the simpsons on channel 4 and not on bbc2
Mean Mr. Mustard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
lol. its going to be so weird watching the simpsons on channel 4 and not on bbc2
fooking adverts! :mad:
fordeletionpurposesonly.
Rep:
?
(Original post by chats)
What what what?! When's this happening?! :confused: :confused: :confused:
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What what what?! When's this happening?! :confused: :confused: :confused:
very soon, i think october.

its gonna replace the friends slot. gonna follow on from the series bbc2 left of at.
fordeletionpurposesonly.
Rep:
?
(Original post by chats)
very soon, i think october.

its gonna replace the friends slot. gonna follow on from the series bbc2 left of at.
PAH! shocking! :eek:

Does this mean that there wont be endless repeats of Friends now then?! 'cause they're good! lol
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (24)
17.27%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (54)
38.85%
Nope, not that interesting (61)
43.88%

Watched Threads