The Student Room Group

Revision Technique?

If i got a maths question wrong from a textbook assessment for example.
What i normally do is make a correction sheet of the wrong questions.
Then whenever i got a test involving a chapter, i go over the correction sheet.

But i been worrying.
Is it better just to look at the mark scheme, learn how to do it, then redo the question, but then i would remember how to do it, not really understanding the material. This could then reapply to the Correction sheet. Unless i put down what key info this question uses.

Or should i make a list of questions that i got wrong first time i tried it and then do all the questions after finishing chapter assessments?

What do you do?
Reply 1
Well personally, where learning from the mark scheme may provide some sort of advantage, the key is that you still won't be able to understand how and why that particular question has been answered that way, you feel me? So I would say create. assemble a bank of chapters where you know you're struggling in and continuously practice it. However it also depends on how you best revise as well, if it's helpful go on YouTube and see how other people go about certain chapters and see where that helps you in any way.

I don't know if that helped 😂 but keep going over the questions or chapters you don't understand obviously not neglecting all your other chapters , but if you're quite confident with Algebra let's say but you don't understand inequalities, there's no point in revising algebra when you don't have. clue what to do with Inequalities.
ok I'm just rambling now, but hoped that helped!
Reply 2
Original post by Yves18
Well personally, where learning from the mark scheme may provide some sort of advantage, the key is that you still won't be able to understand how and why that particular question has been answered that way, you feel me? So I would say create. assemble a bank of chapters where you know you're struggling in and continuously practice it. However it also depends on how you best revise as well, if it's helpful go on YouTube and see how other people go about certain chapters and see where that helps you in any way.

I don't know if that helped 😂 but keep going over the questions or chapters you don't understand obviously not neglecting all your other chapters , but if you're quite confident with Algebra let's say but you don't understand inequalities, there's no point in revising algebra when you don't have. clue what to do with Inequalities.
ok I'm just rambling now, but hoped that helped!

Thanks i think i just practise my weaknesses more

Quick Reply

Latest