UCAS Uni Offer Questions

Watch this thread
A5044
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey,
I am a year 12 student looking into universities. I am wondering how the University offers work. Do u get the offers through the post or emails? If they come through the post do the post to where you live or is there an option to post to an alternate address. How do unconditional offers work.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Angel5044)
Hey,
I am a year 12 student looking into universities. I am wondering how the University offers work. Do u get the offers through the post or emails? If they come through the post do the post to where you live or is there an option to post to an alternate address. How do unconditional offers work.
You get offers via the ucas system which sends you an email. Unconditional offers are what they say on the tin, there's no conditions attached to them.
Patpsbl
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
there is this thing called UCAS Track. after you apply to UCAS, you get an email with your Track details. when you get either a rejection or an offer you get a notification email telling you to log in to your Track account and you will see on there
Yipyipee
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
you apply through UCAS, where you can put up to 5 different choices down. some places may want to interview you before they give you an offer ( mainly medicine and oxbridge). If you get an offer you will get a notification from UCAS to your email, telling you to log into UCAS track. On track you will find out whether you got the offer or rejected. Some universities will send you a letter as well, to the address listed on your UCAS application.
Unconditional offers are given when the applicant has already satisfied the academic requirements. Sometimes a university will offer an applicant an unconditional place if they are very smart, and put the university as their firm choice on UCAS.
Emilouh
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Hi!

So for all uni courses in the UK you apply through ucas. When you receive a reply from a university, ucas notify you with the decision through ucas track. If there is an update to your application e.g. You receive an interview, this is all done via email and come directly from the university.

Most courses will give offers subject to conditions (usually grades based) but some unconditional offers are given out where you will be given a place no matter what grades you achieve. They can also be given out to gap year students who already have acheieved a levels
A5044
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Thank You guys so much for all the help 😁
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (49)
62.82%
No (23)
29.49%
I didn't use it to prepare (6)
7.69%

Watched Threads