The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

SamTheMan
If this has anything to do with my message, I wasn't judging anyone's sex exploits. I was judging people who think that just a few partners in a lifetime is sad... There are more people out there that only sleep with people they have feelings for than you might think. It's just like the myth of people sleeping around at uni. It's the minority of people that sleep around and have promiscuous sex but as they brag about it, that creates a whole culture of hooking up.
If a girl or a guy says that they would never sleep someone until they were in a serious relationship, why would they be "kidding" themselves into believing they're in love". I know people (mostly girls I must admit) that are absolutely gorgeous, go out a lot and now that they're twenty somethings, have only slept with a couple of boyfriends they had feelings for and these are the girls that guys just wish they could have...
You've always got loudmouths to say that they'll shag any hot girl but I've seen teenage guys litterally end up crying after hooking up with a girl and doing stuff with her at a party.
Some people just don't feel comfortable doing intimate acts with someone they don't secure with and who they can't trust.
For a lot of people, emotions have to be involved and far from being hypocritical, I think it's quite honourable to admit that.

Well if it's genuine then fair enough. But I know a lot of people who think they're in love (or at least tell themselves they are) so that they can justify sex. They'll admit it later.
Reply 41
SamTheMan
so now it's not just "at least 5", it's at least 6... thanks for giving out that extra piece of info. lol.

oh shut up you! im in a loving relasionship now :mad: lol
Oh and the reply wasn't directed at anyone in particular.
Reply 43
im right up there with piginapoke anyway!!!! im famous! :biggrin: :wink: :tongue:
Oh yeah - futhermore, crying after hooking up with a hot girl is pathetic. I mean there's having regrets. Why did he cry - did he find out she was a man in disguise? :rolleyes:
englishstudent
Well if it's genuine then fair enough. But I know a lot of people who think they're in love (or at least tell themselves they are) so that they can justify sex. They'll admit it later.

Yes, I agree with you on that point. There are people who use the "emotional" excuse to justify their acts, to avoid being called a whore. Actually you'll notice that a lot of girls who lost their virginity at a young age always say "But I thought I was in love...". Yawn... if you say that you need to be in love to lose your virginity, then maybe you should wait until you can actually grasp the concept of "being in love" and have got past the stage where "I'm in love with that guy" and "I think that's guys clothes look so cool" aren't synonymous sentences...
It's quite well known that if you want to sleep with a virgin, you just need to tell her you love her and all barriers disappear. Then again, I've never been with a virgin so what would I know?
Reply 46
SamTheMan
Yes, I agree with you on that point. There are people who use the "emotional" excuse to justify their acts, to avoid being called a whore. Actually you'll notice that a lot of girls who lost their virginity at a young age always say "But I thought I was in love...". Yawn... if you say that you need to be in love to lose your virginity, then maybe you should wait until you can actually grasp the concept of "being in love" and have got past the stage where "I'm in love with that guy" and "I think that's guys clothes look so cool" aren't synonymous sentences...
It's quite well known that if you want to sleep with a virgin, you just need to tell her you love her and all barriers disappear. Then again, I've never been with a virgin so what would I know?

thats not true bout the virgin bit i made my guy wait 6months.....then he cheated on me :mad:
englishstudent
Oh yeah - futhermore, crying after hooking up with a hot girl is pathetic. I mean there's having regrets. Why did he cry - did he find out she was a man in disguise? :rolleyes:

No but I think the poor guy realised he'd just had his first sexual experience with a whore (and yes the girl was a "whore" in that she tried to shag anything). I have a female friend who used to sleep around A LOT (but not with me of course!) until she had a child. One of my friends invited one of his friends over and this guy ended up sleeping with her and losing his virginity. The next day, I went back to my friend's house and the guy was starring in the distance, barely taking part in the conversation. Poor guy...

And before anyone says something, yes, for some guys, their first experience does have some value and doing it with anyone, isn't ok for them.
Reply 48
SamTheMan
No but I think the poor guy realised he'd just had his first sexual experience with a whore (and yes the girl was a "whore" in that she tried to shag anything). I have a female friend who used to sleep around A LOT (but not with me of course!) until she had a child. One of my friends invited one of his friends over and this guy ended up sleeping with her and losing his virginity. The next day, I went back to my friend's house and the guy was starring in the distance, barely taking part in the conversation. Poor guy...

And before anyone says something, yes, for some guys, their first experience does have some value and doing it with anyone, isn't ok for them.

i can belive that sum guys have a soul :biggrin:
i am trigger
thats not true bout the virgin bit i made my guy wait 6months.....then he cheated on me :mad:

and you had NO idea he was that kind of guy? :rolleyes:
Reply 50
SamTheMan
and you had NO idea he was that kind of guy? :rolleyes:

no i didnt actually he hid it very well and as he lived the next town over from me i wasnt there to check up on him. excuse me for trussting my partner :rolleyes:
SamTheMan

Yeah well perhaps. Having said that, my first time (was hers too) was about the worst sex I've ever had.
englishstudent
Yeah well perhaps. Having said that, my first time (was hers too) was about the worst sex I've ever had.

ie. It's not all it's cracked up to be.
Reply 53
englishstudent

practically all ways is :rolleyes:
i am trigger
practically all ways is :rolleyes:

Exactly, so why the whole "O my god, I'd never sleep with someone unless we were in love!"?
Reply 55
englishstudent
Exactly, so why the whole "O my god, I'd never sleep with someone unless we were in love!"?

well there you go i was quite happy sleeping around till i realised i was getting a name for myself so i stop as i realised that that wasnt what i wanted to be known as also i worried about my health s oi found someone long term and now im happy and i have the experience i wanted and im less likely to do it again
i am trigger
well there you go i was quite happy sleeping around till i realised i was getting a name for myself so i stop as i realised that that wasnt what i wanted to be known as also i worried about my health s oi found someone long term and now im happy and i have the experience i wanted and im less likely to do it again

So the reason you stopped sleeping around is your reputation? Is that a particularly good reason? It's as if you're saying that you'd probably still be sleeping around if there was noone to say "Oh look at that whore over there".
Only ever had the one and still got her yet....been going out for 2 year! :biggrin:
Reply 58
I don't see what the big deal is....yes, it's nice to have sex when you're in love with someone....but by the same token, as long as you practice safe sex, why can't it be for fun as well?
Reply 59
SamTheMan
So the reason you stopped sleeping around is your reputation? Is that a particularly good reason? It's as if you're saying that you'd probably still be sleeping around if there was noone to say "Oh look at that whore over there".

i stop because of my health the rep was just another factor of it

Latest

Trending

Trending