The Student Room Group

Is triple science worth it?

I want to do gcse art and heard it’s so much work, and so is triple science. Honestly if I take both I don’t know how I’m going to manage and I’ll be so stressed. My job aspirations are:
architect, lawyer, dentist or dermatologist.
Should I drop art and swap it for Product design or take double science and still take art? (Could I have some advice from people who have taken both art and triple science for GCSE?

Scroll to see replies

Sorry I don't do art but I do triple science - I'm not sure if this is right but I think art is required if you want to be an architect. (plus physics)
I know from friends experience that art is a lot of work; however, in my opinion triple isn't that much more difficult than double, it's a few extra topics but you need to be good at long questions.
Reply 2
If you can’t handle GCSE stress you won’t be ready for real life. I did triple science and sat Chemistry and Physics in year 10 and got an A in both. Its not impossible if you stop scaring yourself.
Original post by Rinxx
I want to do gcse art and heard it’s so much work, and so is triple science. Honestly if I take both I don’t know how I’m going to manage and I’ll be so stressed. My job aspirations are:
architect, lawyer, dentist or dermatologist.
Should I drop art and swap it for Product design or take double science and still take art? (Could I have some advice from people who have taken both art and triple science for GCSE?

I only did double science last year (Got A* A) but now I'm doing both biology and chemistry at A level with hopes of becoming a doctor. Tbh after looking over the triple science content, it's not much harder than double at all but it's still advisable to take triple if you want to do science a levels (which you need to do to become a dentist or dermatologist). I however don't know much about art as I don't do it, but one of my good friends wants to be an architect and he says Art A level is necessary. Hope you make the right decision :smile:
Reply 4
Art is a LOT of work, I'd recommend double science as I did double and now in the process of applying to uni none of my Universities care that I did double over triple. (I do Biology A Level and doing double hasn't affected me at all)
Save yourself from 9 exams and do double:smile:
Original post by pngc
Art is a LOT of work, I'd recommend double science as I did double and now in the process of applying to uni none of my Universities care that I did double over triple. (I do Biology A Level and doing double hasn't affected me at all)
Save yourself from 9 exams and do double:smile:

You only have 3 less exams but yeah it’s still quite a bit of extra work. Also what are you applying for at uni?
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymoususer16
You only have 3 less exams but yeah it’s still quite a bit of extra work. Also what are you applying for at uni?

Tbh I think Triple is pretty pointless; my brother did double and ended up going onto studying Medicine and is now a doctor haha, and I'm applying for Geography
I did triple science and art and trust me it isn’t hat much work at all 😂😂 I did 11 GCSEs
did triple science, art and product design GCSE and was all fine :smile: go for it
the new spec for triple science is hard, theres lots of work so be careful
Doing triple science makes the jump to a-level easier for Biology and Chemistry (which you’d need to become a dentist), but you need Art (and physics) to do Architecture. Triple science is not a necessity. I’d advice you definitely take art to keep your options open of Architecture, but do think of your alevel choices too as your career options all look like they have very different alevel subject requirements
I did art and triple and it was just sooo long. In the end, I dropped triple and felt way less stressed. If I were you, I'd take art and double because not taking triple won't limit your options, whereas not taking art will.
Triple science is almost easier than taking another different GCSE because a lot of it crosses over
I did both. Art is a lot of work but sciences were easy.
Especially if you want to go into fields that require science A-levels, I'd recommend Triple.
Hi,
I went to a school where they made students in the 2nd set of science do double science.

I fully regret not standing my ground and making them allow me to do triple science.

Having a separate GCSE in each of the sciences is 110% worth it and I think you should definitely do it.

Double science isn’t as good, and for the extra 3 exams you should definitely go for triple science.
Honestly triple isn’t that much extra work, until you get to paper 2 where the work is a little harder. If you start revision in yr10 and get on top of revision you’ll be fine. I’m teaching myself the bio and chem spec because my teachers are rubbish, and I’m doing textiles but am doing fine.
Sometimes I dedicate the whole weekend to revision bc then I really feel like I’ve actually done something instead of watching Netflix for 10 hr straight haha.
I don’t do art but I do do textiles which is the same in terms of amount of work needed.
Also the triple spec is more interesting as you learn about the brain and eyes etc in more detail in yr 11.
What are your other options?
Reply 17
Only do triple science if it really interests you it is essentially the same as double science just spread over more lessons
I did triple science and art and thought it was fine. I nearly didn’t take art as so many people told me how much work it was but tbh I was hardly ever having to do work outside of school for it and I got an A* and three A’s in scienc
Reply 19
Original post by Anonymousmedic7
I did triple science and art and trust me it isn’t hat much work at all 😂😂 I did 11 GCSEs

Really? I’m doing 10 GCSEs and what did you get in art and triple science?

Quick Reply

Latest