The Student Room Group

Science A-level

Hi, I’m thinking about my A-level options and idk if i should do science. I’m only in year 10 but i can’t stop myself from thinking ahead so please don’t say i shouldn’t be thinking now- I’mot stressing im just wondering.

I’m not naturally good at science and it’s probably my weakest subject overall but I’m wondering if i could take chemistry (other sciences are possible instead, though). I personally would like an 8 but my teachers seem to think i will get a 7 (in all sciences).

considering this, do you think I’d do well in A-level science? I don’t want to talk it if I can’t guarentee myself at least a B. I will obviously work very hard but will I be able to understand concepts without too much difficulty?
I am currently studying both Biology and Chemistry at A level and let me assure you it is a lot harder than GCSE, but at the same time a lot more rewarding, see how you do in your gcses, what do you want to do when you're older? Some uni courses require specific subjects!
Reply 2
I am thinking if going into law/criminology and the science would be with law and maths. I know science isn’t strongly linked to law but it is a very respected A-level & there aren’t many subjects that link well with law; most courses I see take any academic subjects. I guess I will see how I do in comparison to my other subjects, thanks!
Original post by danielg1
I am thinking if going into law/criminology and the science would be with law and maths. I know science isn’t strongly linked to law but it is a very respected A-level & there aren’t many subjects that link well with law; most courses I see take any academic subjects. I guess I will see how I do in comparison to my other subjects, thanks!

Subjects like History, English, etc are great for law but I do agree science subjects are very well respected however I don't think that they are the best ones for Law specifically. How about one or two sciences and then a couple of essay subjects? Tbh tho you don't really need to do specific subjects to do a degree in Law - you just need good grades at A level.
(edited 6 years ago)
I only got an A is gcse Biology and now I’m in year 13 predicted an A*, your GCSEs honestly don’t matter too much when picking a levels if you have a ok grade. Just make sure you’re passionate and willing to put in the work because you enjoy it.
Original post by danielg1

Sorry didn't see the bit about maths and law A levels. One science, Maths and Law sounds like a great plan.
Reply 6
Original post by AlanAnonymouss
I only got an A is gcse Biology and now I’m in year 13 predicted an A*, your GCSEs honestly don’t matter too much when picking a levels if you have a ok grade. Just make sure you’re passionate and willing to put in the work because you enjoy it.

well done! thanks, I will bare that in mind.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymoususer16
Sorry didn't see the bit about maths and law A levels. One science, Maths and Law sounds like a great plan.

thanks, I just wanted to keep my combination as strong as I can without boring myself.

Hey! Im predicted a B in biology :frown:, How did you get so good at Biology?

Help me
Original post by joyoustele

Help me

You literally have to learn the whole book and do as many practice questions as possible. Afraid there’s no cutting corners in bio!
Reply 10
Original post by joyoustele

Help me

I know I’m only gcse but biology is just so hard I’m so bad at it rnskdodjdn praying for my glow up
You literally have to learn the whole book and do as many practice questions as possible. Afraid there’s no cutting corners in bio!

Thanks. Its my fault im predicted a B, I slacked off at the start of Alevel because of how easy I thought Biology was. Big mistake

Quick Reply

Latest