The Student Room Group

Girl never texts me first - does she actually like me?

I do have a tendency to overthink things but bare with me...

I’ve recently got back into the dating scene and have been on a couple of dates with a girl I really like, the dates themselves have went very well and we get on good but it’s the texting (or lack of) which is confusing me

Initially when I started texting her we would text a lot (mainly just to get to each other) and it would be back and forth throughout the day, since being on a couple of dates however the texts have virtually stopped. Her answers are often closed and convos kept short and she’ll see messages but not respond for hours. I suggested a 3rd date during our 2nd and she seemed genuinely up for it but since then I’ve barely heard from her. I noticed it’s always been me texting first so thought I would stop and see if I got anything back.. it’s been 5 days now and she’s said nothing. Kind of feel that if I wasn’t to text her I wouldn’t hear from her again...

I guess my question is, is she interested? The dates have genuinely went very well but surely if she was that keen she would be wanting to chat to me in between them? I just hate feeling as though I am bugging someone and that they aren’t really interested in me when I am interested in them (Happened to me a few times in the past). Am I just overthinking this?
Reply 1
Hmm, it's hard to tell. When I was younger I was similar - waited a while before responding just to not seem too eager, wouldn't text them first even if I really wanted to because I was too shy all that. But it could also be the fact that she has changed her mind and is slowly ghosting you to avoid telling you it's not working in person. 5 days is quite a lot but I would be patient and try to wait it out. If she reaches out, you'll know she's genuinely interested. If she doesn't, well it's her loss. You seem like a nice person.
What was your last message like? Was it an open ended question or something that doesn't really require an answer?
Good luck anyhow!
Were you just getting to know each other on the dates? She may have lost interest but feels bad or is too shy to tell you, at least that's how it seems to me (coming from a girl).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending