Join these Medical Society Groups!! (Recommended for future medical applicants) Watch

Ukvoltaire
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey, I am in Year 12 and I want to apply for medicine for the 2019 entry. So I was thinking, why not create a society group for other potential medical applicants like me.

So, I created the TSR Anatomy&Physiology Society. This is primarily for medical applicants but other science based course applicants are welcome to join.

Here is the link to the group:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=4278

Together, we can explore different aspects of medicine and share it together. Not only that, but this will also increase your passion for medicine. The TSR Anatomy&Physiology Society has 2 members so far, so it will be helpful if you would join it so I could get it up and running.

While that society is a more general one, I also created a society just for medicine applicants for the 2019 entry and I am awaiting approval for that from TSR. So if you are in Year 12 currently (or a deferred entry in 2019) then I will update about this for you guys.

There is also a more popular medicine society called Pre-Med Society, which isn't created by me, but definitely join this one as well.

The link is here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=977

I hope this was helpful and that you would join, the choice is yours!
BC_SpaceWalker
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ukvoltaire)
Hey, I am in Year 12 and I want to apply for medicine for the 2019 entry. So I was thinking, why not create a society group for other potential medical applicants like me.

So, I created the TSR Anatomy&Physiology Society. This is primarily for medical applicants but other science based course applicants are welcome to join.

Here is the link to the group:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=4278

Together, we can explore different aspects of medicine and share it together. Not only that, but this will also increase your passion for medicine. The TSR Anatomy&Physiology Society has 2 members so far, so it will be helpful if you would join it so I could get it up and running.

While that society is a more general one, I also created a society just for medicine applicants for the 2019 entry and I am awaiting approval for that from TSR. So if you are in Year 12 currently (or a deferred entry in 2019) then I will update about this for you guys.

There is also a more popular medicine society called Pre-Med Society, which isn't created by me, but definitely join this one as well.

The link is here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=977

I hope this was helpful and that you would join, the choice is yours!

Hey im also thinking of applying to medicine in 2019 to the uk but as an international student and apparently there is a lot of competition so i don't know what to do.
Olivia B. W
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi my name is Olivia Waterman! I want to study Medicine at Oxford or Cambridge / any advice??
nexttime
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by livxwaterman)
Hi my name is Olivia Waterman! I want to study Medicine at Oxford or Cambridge / any advice??
Which one? Why Oxbridge?
Varona
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi guys! I am also applying for medicine in 2019 as an international student! I had done 3 volunteer works and 2 work experiences, any tips or advice?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (44)
9.21%
I used to but I don't now (13)
2.72%
No, but I want to start (171)
35.77%
No, I am unable to (112)
23.43%
No, I chose not to (138)
28.87%