BobRJ
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Im 25 years old and have always been looking at going to University

However, i finished sixth form a few years ago and didnt get enough UCAS points to get into University. Instead of going back to sixth form for another year i decided to look for a job instead, which is a decision i regret (and i knew i would regret at the time. The problem is i suffer from social anxiety and depression which basically stopped me from going back for another year)

I'm now pushing myself to get back on track to go to University and have just quit my job (for a number of reasons). I am now looking at college courses or access to higher education

Like i said, I've already been to sixth form and have some UCAS points (need to check how many). If i do a college course will those points still be accepted and added on to what i get in that course? Or are they now expired/useless?

Also, how exactly do I check my UCAS points? I havent done anything wiht them since i left college. Will my application still be available so can i just log in and check my points or will i need to do something else to find out how many i have?
Isinglass
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Have a look through this sticky

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4901084

Particularly this bit in the opening post

'Wiki Articles that might be of interest',

where there is a link to the UCAS tariff calculator. (You will find that the points awarded to each qualification / grade have changed since you left school).
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
They don't expire. But doing several subjects at the same time is harder than doing the same subjects but spread out one at a time, and getting a million D grades is not the same as getting an A.

You will probably find that you will be expected to achieve the same grades in the new course as other applicants. If your old grades are considered, this will lower the requirements slightly. You cannot expect to be accepted with lower grades just because you have twice as many subjects.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (650)
33.56%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (822)
42.44%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.51%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (87)
4.49%

Watched Threads