The Student Room Group

Staying in university halls is a lot like prison...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
If you can't cook then you shouldn't be at uni. lol. There are a billion different ready meals out there, if you can't make a sandwich until you have the time to buy a cook book then you must have no common sense or basic survival instinct...

As for structured meal times, do you think it's divided into individual cubicles to eat? -having everyone eat together can be a great way to meet people who you live with, hence social development.

heh I hope you're not being serious.
Reply 41
.Ed.
Although I have never stayed in a halls of residence or a prison. I can see how they could be the same.

=Although I have never had sex with either the Queen or a Yorkshire Terrier, I can see how they could be the same.
Reply 42
Hahahaha ^ :biggrin:
Reply 43
HCD
=Although I have never had sex with either the Queen or a Yorkshire Terrier, I can see how they could be the same.

Ah ,well i can confirm they are not.

Anyway. Has anybody seen the simpsons were lisa asks for a vegitarian option and the lunch lady takes the sausge out of the bun and just gives lisa the bun. Thats catered accomidation!
Reply 44
no it's not ^ it's a stupid cartoon.

you seem to have lots of opinions considering you've not been to uni or prison.
Reply 45
I'm sorry. But halls resembling prisons was one of my first thoughts when visting unis. Although my experiance is limted to two sets of halls at Warick and endinbougher.
Reply 46
.Ed.
I'm sorry. But halls resembling prisons was one of my first thoughts when visting unis. Although my experiance* is limted to two sets of halls at Warick* and endinbougher*.

*experience
**Warwick
***Edinburgh
Reply 47
I know , thats why I am not going to ethier (yep spelt wrong). Don't go to a uni you can't spell!

Oh i'll also take quite a childish reply in good humour, because its quite funny.
prison is a lot like uni vice versa, in prison u have personal officers and in uni u have personal tutors. in halls even more so most people wake up at 8 and get ready for uni by 9 and leave out. some people stay behind they cos they don't have lecture that day or may have lecture later on. now in prison everyone wakes up at about 8 regardless for breakfast, then whoever has education or workshop that day leaves their wing (uni house block) and does what ever they do the day, the other inmates that don't have anything to do stay behind on the wing and may clean the wing and prepare food go on visits and so on. when you leave the wing you interact with other inmates from other wings in education, workshops, church, mosque, kitchen, library anywhere and this is the same as uni when u go class you interact with people other then u live with. the way the canteen is set up is almost a splitting image of prison where they call it the server. same way people have jobs in uni people have jobs in prison. its an institution and every institution follows identical structures. you even have homework to do in ur cell from workshop and education aswell same sh!t different toilet people lol
Original post by prisonunikid
prison is a lot like uni vice versa, in prison u have personal officers and in uni u have personal tutors. in halls even more so most people wake up at 8 and get ready for uni by 9 and leave out. some people stay behind they cos they don't have lecture that day or may have lecture later on. now in prison everyone wakes up at about 8 regardless for breakfast, then whoever has education or workshop that day leaves their wing (uni house block) and does what ever they do the day, the other inmates that don't have anything to do stay behind on the wing and may clean the wing and prepare food go on visits and so on. when you leave the wing you interact with other inmates from other wings in education, workshops, church, mosque, kitchen, library anywhere and this is the same as uni when u go class you interact with people other then u live with. the way the canteen is set up is almost a splitting image of prison where they call it the server. same way people have jobs in uni people have jobs in prison. its an institution and every institution follows identical structures. you even have homework to do in ur cell from workshop and education aswell same sh!t different toilet people lol

I have worked in a prison. University is nothing like a prison at all even taking the communal aspects of it into account. Such a stupid thread being resurrected after eight years...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending