Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Still in love yet tired of my boyfriend watch

My boyfriend and I have been together for nearly three years. We both believe that we will eventually get married, a bit of a long shot, but even our parents agree too.
    We have been so lucky to get into the same university and we spend a lot of time together there. Of course he has made his own friends and i have made my own friends so it is not like we are glued to each other with no social life outside our relationship.
    There is one problem though, I keep on getting so many crushes on different guys just out of nowhere, and i feel so horrible and depressed because of it. My main crush is on my close mate, usually, I would try to just block the other guys out of my life, but I can't do that to my friend? I still want to be together with my boyfriend, however, what do i do?? The more i think about my friend, the more i want to get with him.. But I know that we wont work out and it will all break apart. plus, I am not a cheater!
    How do I stop my self from fancying other guys? I feel so depressed all the time because all my mind is thinking about is my friend, rather than the person I love. Any advice?

Sometimes people just aren’t ready for commitment, I would never commit before 25 unless I was madly in love and knew I wouldn’t have any other temptations. I think you need to discuss it with him, maybe enter a less exclusive relationship for the time being or else you’ll end up depressed and your love for him might die.

You could end up becoming non-exclusive, sleeping with a few guys then realising you’re ready for commitment once you’ve had your fun and who knows, you might end up loving him even more.

ReputationRep:
    If you're tired of him jus come my way bby gurl.

Ain't no shame in that :rofl:

Spoiler:
    Show
    On a serious note, it's normal to fancy other people but cut this guy off that's a red flag. You're going to cheat on your man and you know it if you stay with this "friend"

ReputationRep:
    I do not think you are ready for commitment,if you continue to hang arounf with your mate then you will probably end up cheating on your man eventually, there is only so long you can contain yourself for.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    The honeymoon phase has expired for a while now and you are now dealing with the real relationship. Why not try doing new things with your boyfriend? You could explore new places together or try new activities to make that spark come back.

You need to bring back life into the relationship.

No passion left you may as well leave and find a new person tbh. Pointless wasting time. Time is money act wise.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    You need to try and liven things up with your boyfriend. Do new things, have sex more, find some hobbies together and remind yourself that your boyfriend is still exciting and fun. I think it's normal for people in relationships to have small crushes now and again but it's generally a sign you've let your relationship stagnate and if you're genuinely considering doing it then it's a huge red flag. You need to work out what you want. I'm guessing after a couple of ONS or flings you'd realise what you had with your boyfriend was way better but it would be too late then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My boyfriend and I have been together for nearly three years. We both believe that we will eventually get married, a bit of a long shot, but even our parents agree too.
    We have been so lucky to get into the same university and we spend a lot of time together there. Of course he has made his own friends and i have made my own friends so it is not like we are glued to each other with no social life outside our relationship.
    There is one problem though, I keep on getting so many crushes on different guys just out of nowhere, and i feel so horrible and depressed because of it. My main crush is on my close mate, usually, I would try to just block the other guys out of my life, but I can't do that to my friend? I still want to be together with my boyfriend, however, what do i do?? The more i think about my friend, the more i want to get with him.. But I know that we wont work out and it will all break apart. plus, I am not a cheater!
    How do I stop my self from fancying other guys? I feel so depressed all the time because all my mind is thinking about is my friend, rather than the person I love. Any advice?
    You're probably not ready for such committment yet. And, possibly, not quite as in love as you think. When you're really in love with someone, you may find some other people more attractive or nicer, but it always goes back to something that your partner does that you love. Not constantly getting crushes on other guys.

Maybe it's time for you guys to take a break and figure it out. You said you've been together before you got into university. So clearly you got together young and maybe you haven't had the chance to explore yet. And now your mind is going "what if we never got together" and giving you all these possibilities.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.