The Student Room Group

Advice about best online Maths A Level courses

Hello,
I am an adult learner and I would like to do the Maths A Levels online. My studies are at a masters level, and I have decided to study a masters in computer science, for which I need the Maths A Levels.
I have been browsing some online academies and I am not sure which one is the best. Does anyone have had some experience on this and can give me some advice? I have been looking at Wolsey Hall Oxford, but I cannot find any reviews outside the academy page. Has anyone had any experience with them?
Some academies divide their Maths A-Levels in Mechanics or Statistics; which one should I study?
Many thanks for your help.
Original post by Marmara
Hello,
I am an adult learner and I would like to do the Maths A Levels online. My studies are at a masters level, and I have decided to study a masters in computer science, for which I need the Maths A Levels.
I have been browsing some online academies and I am not sure which one is the best. Does anyone have had some experience on this and can give me some advice? I have been looking at Wolsey Hall Oxford, but I cannot find any reviews outside the academy page. Has anyone had any experience with them?
Some academies divide their Maths A-Levels in Mechanics or Statistics; which one should I study?
Many thanks for your help.

I assume you are a UK candidate. Maths A level has recently been updated with new specifications from all examiners. It is no longer a modular qualification in England and you no longer get to choose mechanics or statistics, you will do both.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5036076#post72700788

As it's a new specification there will be little experience with updated resources for independent learning. Most tsr users who study maths privately seem to do so with text books, free web sites such as www.examsolutions.net, peer support from the tsr maths forum and maybe some paid 1:1 tutor support. I know people who have been positive about the NEC self study option, but have not heard anything about their updated resources for the new specification.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by gdunne42
I assume you are a UK candidate. Maths A level has recently been updated with new specifications from all examiners. It is no longer a modular qualification in England and you no longer get to choose mechanics or statistics, you will do both.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5036076#post72700788

As it's a new specification there will be little experience with updated resources for independent learning. Most tsr users who study maths privately seem to do so with text books, free web sites such as www.examsolutions.net, peer support from the tsr maths forum and maybe some paid 1:1 tutor support. I know people who have been positive about the NEC self study option, but have not heard anything about their updated resources for the new specification.

Many thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!

Quick Reply

Latest