The Student Room Group

How do you learn/remember what you read?

Hello.

So all of my subjects are mostly essay-based and feature long answer questions. My problem lies with learning/remembering the content for those subjects. For example, A Level Business is very content-heavy. I was wondering how you guys, with the same or similar subjects, manage to condense and remember the information you take in. I have made notes on all the topic and have now started to read them whilst answering questions as well, but I don't feel like I'm necessarily remembering all of this.

What advice can you guys share? What works for you?
You can normally guess what topics essay questions will be based on, so I used to make essay plans and do mock essays. I would ask the teacher for feedback for mock essays, and then condense those essays into bullet points concerning key facts and points. I think for me, repetition is the key, so I would rewrite those plans and practise questions and then it gets stuck in my head.

Some people like to use colours or pictures to help them remember things. Or make a story/song, depending on how you normally remember things.

Quick Reply

Latest