The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Freshers04

Hiya. How much is everyone planning to spend in freshers week? I'm thinking £300 would cover the week?

And! What documentation should one bring on the first day?

Cheers!
Reply 1
LeChuck
Hiya. How much is everyone planning to spend in freshers week? I'm thinking £300 would cover the week?

And! What documentation should one bring on the first day?

Cheers!

£300!!! :eek: I was thinking £100 would cover it and I'm on about going out most (if not all) of the nights that somethings on. Bring some passport photos for ID cards, etc - its a pain to get them once you arrive.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
£300!!! Save your money, mate. About £100 should cover it, unless you want to indulge your new flat mates with expensive champagne. Just stick to the drinks on offer, have a few pre-drinks with friends with a cheap bottle of vodka or beers etc, and you'll be fine.
Reply 3
£100? Bloody hell :eek:.
Reply 4
Nylex
£100? Bloody hell :eek:.

How much did you spend and also how often did you go out? Think I'm going to bring about £100 just in case but I'm not intending on spending all of it.
Reply 5
Chubb
How much did you spend and also how often did you go out? Think I'm going to bring about £100 just in case but I'm not intending on spending all of it.

Didn't go out that much and I don't really remember how much I spent. It couldn't have been over £50 though.
Reply 6
i think im gonna be chillen with LeChuck if hes gonna bring 300 notes of flow for the first week. We can pimp it up for sure
Reply 7
Haha! Arrr! I guess £300 is a bit too much then.

I'm use to things being really expensive... :s-smilie:
Reply 8
LeChuck

You're not the son of some Arabian oil sheikh, are you?

PS I was out every night and spent around £100.
Reply 9
muncrun
You're not the son of some Arabian oil sheikh, are you?

PS I was out every night and spent around £100.

Damn, how did you know? I thought the internet would provide me with sufficient anonymity.

:biggrin:
Reply 10
LeChuck

Maybe its because you're from London - I've heard going out down there can be very expensive. In a typical night in Stoke I will spend about £25 (thats 9:00 till 3:00 and includes the taxi back home).
Reply 11
yo, you talk is wack
Chubb
Maybe its because you're from London - I've heard going out down there can be very expensive. In a typical night in Stoke I will spend about £25 (thats 9:00 till 3:00 and includes the taxi back home).

clubbing in london costs a damn fortune! costs about £4.20/60 a drink in most clubs :frown:
Reply 13
Miriam_StarGirl
clubbing in london costs a damn fortune! costs about £4.20/60 a drink in most clubs :frown:

Sodding hell don't think I could go out very often with those prices. :eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending