its almost crimincal how women can get away with hiding their true face with makeup Watch

KETHEAD
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Whats worse is they often say they dont do it for male attention. So why dont 8 year old girls spend hours caking their face in makeup before a night on the town then?

cat_mac
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Because 8 year olds don’t have nights on the town........
Some 8 year old girls do love playing with the make up kits they get from toyshops. I remember a little flip phone that had glittery lip gloss and eyeshadow in, getting in trouble for recking my mums make up because I was playing with lipstick. Cool eyeshadows in different compartments, playing make overs with my friends. The first thing make up was for me was a toy, then something I used to enhance my features for nights out, then something I used for fun and to be creative. Also for camouflage when I had a breakout, or a sleepless night to hide bags under my eyes. Most guys can’t name more than a few items of make up, let alone recognise where it goes on your face 😂

I do live for drunk girls in club toilets crying over how pretty your eyebrows are though. That’s the approval I want tbh
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Thisguy11
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I mean if a man was to fake looks, wear bulgy clothes for faking muscle and do various other things, and a woman complained then that would be double standards.

Also evolutionary biology means that whether we admit it, or realize it, girls want to look good for men.
yungaheartz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
pfft yeah 'criminal' - like men would even look at them twice if they weren't wearing make up!

be 100% honest - do you prefer any of the before pics?
chembabeforever
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It’s not that deep
Hirsty97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'd rather girls wear make up then didn't

LMAO at that last one
uberteknik
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I guess you also think it's criminal that women wear push up bras to fake tit size and shape? Or heels to fake height?

Spoiler:
Show

Geez, get over it. People are free to dress and wear make up as they please.
UWS
  • Answer Heroes
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Aww diddums.
LouiseG90
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Suck it up. Don’t like it, don’t look. We can do what we want and wear whatever we want on our faces. I’m guessing you’re an unattractive man who’s bitter that nothing can improve your mug.
awkwardshortguy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by cat_mac)
I do live for drunk girls in club toilets crying over how pretty your eyebrows are though. That’s the approval I want tbh
The f*ck are pretty eyebrows?
cat_mac
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by awkwardshortguy)
The f*ck are pretty eyebrows?
Point proven 😂 honestly the main thing girls compliment each other on is eyebrows lmao
Trinculo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by chembabeforever)
It’s not that deep
That's what she said
goggleyed
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
their true face? they look like the same person afterwards, their skin just looks better
showaeski
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Who wouldn't want to go from a 6 to a 10 if they could? Yeah when it all comes off the difference can be shocking but that's up to girls whether they want to wear it or not. Why should women have to stick with how they looked when they were born? They should be allowed to dye the hair, change their physique, put on makeup, wear flattering clothes. Just like boys can. My dad has been wearing concealer for about 10 years to cover his dark circles. I don't see anything wrong with that. Plus you can't deny the influence of celebrities who all have makeup artists and look like 10s. It sets the bar higher for women so yes some women do feel pressure to look a certain way.
Clearly these women are wearing a lot of makeup but no one is fooled into thinking they naturally have black eyelids, insanely long eyelashes, perfect skin and red lips. Maybe it is for male attention but again it's because guys like you are shocked at how they look without makeup. So to feel more confident they wear some and so they don't get people constantly asking if they're tired or if they wash their face.
I personally don't see anything wrong with trying to improve how you look. Just like guys going to the gym whether it's for themselves or to make their body more attractive to women.
Amullai
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I personally don't care for the subject too much. It is up to the girl how much make up they wear. My only issue is that they feel that they look better with make up on which to me suggests that they have a low self esteem. And I would rather a person I was talking to had confidence in their looks.
Trinculo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by uberteknik)
It's more criminal that women wear push up bras to fake tit size and shape.
By this rationale, that's a misrepresentation.

There are numerous groups such as Rape Crisis and the pressure group Rape By Fraud want lying about ones credentials to vitiate consent and become a form of sexual assault.

Taking that to it's logical conclusion, would any woman that enhances her looks with makeup or clothing then be guilty of a similar misrepresentation?
Noodlestudent
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Some may do it for themselves to feel better and others may do it to get a man. It’s none of your business either way, why are women constantly criticised for this? If it makes you feel better do it, who cares what anyone else thinks.
uberteknik
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Trinculo)
By this rationale, that's a misrepresentation.

There are numerous groups such as Rape Crisis and the pressure group Rape By Fraud want lying about ones credentials to vitiate consent and become a form of sexual assault.

Taking that to it's logical conclusion, would any woman that enhances her looks with makeup or clothing then be guilty of a similar misrepresentation?
It was a facetious comment. Amended accordingly.
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What kind of 8 year old girls do you know?
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Funniest thread title I've seen in a while.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (162)
18.62%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (86)
9.89%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (145)
16.67%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (125)
14.37%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (84)
9.66%
How can I be the best version of myself? (268)
30.8%

Watched Threads