cxrwl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone!

So I've decided to start a GYG blog as I currently have no motivation to do any studying and I'm hoping this will encourage me!

About me

Achieved grades

Highers:
  • Biology A
  • Chemistry A
  • English A
  • French A
  • Maths A

Predicted grades

Advanced Highers
  • Biology A
  • Chemistry A
  • Maths B

University choices

Aberdeen - Biomedical Sciences Unconditional
Aberdeen - Medicine Interview 6/2/2018
Dundee - Medicine Interview 16/1/2018
Edinburgh - Medicine
St Andrews - Medicine Interview 25/1/2018

Since a typical offer for Medicine is BBB and I'm probably definitely failing both Maths and Chemistry I really need to put some effort into studying. I'm one of those people who could just revise the day before exams and ace them all, but since I haven't even been paying attention in classes I don't really have any notes to revise from lol oops. For some reason I just can't seem to bring myself to care. I also work around 25 hours a week so hopefully doing this blog will allow me to organise my studies and motivate me to actually do something!

I'm in the middle of doing prelims so will update with my results once I have them but here are some stats for now:

Biology unit 1 test 28/40

Maths extended test on all studied topics 32.5%
Spoiler:
Show

We all failed but still :spank:

Chemistry unit 3 test 50%
Spoiler:
Show

All my calculations were wrong because m ≠ n/gfm other way around brain damn u been doin those calculations for years get it together

So yeah, not great. My plan was always to just start working hard after prelims but motivation is something I've always struggled with so hopefully doing this (with some encouragement?) will help me do some work!
cxrwl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago

22 January 2018

Hello! So this is my first blog post and I can exclusively reveal that today was actually very productive*.

Spoiler:
Show

*Productive in my vocabulary usually means an average of 10 minutes studying...

It was always going to be though because I have my Chemistry prelim tomorrow at 9am and I oh gosh panic hadn't done any revision yet. I woke up about half 12 (yes ok I'm lazyit is in the title) and chilled for a bit. My parents went to work at 2pm which meant I had to work downstairs because I have a 4 month old puppy:

Spoiler:
Show

Probably not the best study buddy but he's cute so it's fine. Anyways, revision wise I've been using this website which is a lifesaver! It's got all the notes on it in a way that actually makes sense to me and lots of past paper questions on each topic. So far I've read through all the stuff I need to know and I'm just going to practice the questions now. I'll probably stop at about 2am and hopefully that will be enough to pass (I'm aiming for 50%) but we'll see.

I'll update again tomorrow to say how the prelim went... see you then!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (114)
66.28%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20.35%
Yes but I might change my mind (23)
13.37%

Watched Threads