The Student Room Group

Ba Social Work at Strathclyde, GCU, Stirling & UWS.

Hi all,

Anyone applied to Ba Social Work at any of the above Uni's? How's your application progressing? 👍🏻
I applied to all of these universities. Strathclyde rejected the application, I was interviewd from UWS and I have an invitation for an interview from Robert Gordon. GCU and Stirling haven't replied yet.
I am from Greece,, female, 18 years old. How about you?
Reply 2
I've applied for all 3, got an interview with uws, not heard back from others yet.
Well best of luck to you both! 👍🏻
Best wishes from me , too! Which course would you prefer if you were accepted by all universities? Do you have experience in social care or do you come straight from highhschool like me?
Hi,

To be honest I'll go anywhere that would take me, lol. I'm currently at Strathclyde and it feels right for me so I would like to continue studying there, but as I said, I'll go anywhere. I have a couple of years experience in sc and am a mature student at almost 39! I've applied previously and been unsuccessful so this is my last opportunity so fingers crossed!! Hopefully I hear soon! Fingers crossed for both of us xx
good luck!!! Strathclyde rejected me because I had not enough experience, so I think your chances are good. I probably will chose the UWS. The interview was very relaxed, the interviewer was such a nice
person! I believe that for someone like me with little experience and coming from a different educational system it is the right choice...
Best of luck!
Reply 7
I have a group interview with UWS in March and today heard from Stirling, they would like a piece of written work. Hopefully hear from Strathclyde soon as I would prefer to go there. Does anyone know how long Strathclyde usually take to get back to you ?
Reply 8
Has anyone heard back yet? I’ve just submitted my FIR for Strathclyde, had my interview for GCU a few weeks ago and my interview for UWS is next week 😬 the wait is killing me x
Reply 9
Hi , has anyone heard back from Strathclyde yet , after sending them their FIR ?
Original post by Kayls29
Hi , has anyone heard back from Strathclyde yet , after sending them their FIR ?

Still waiting to hear back from Strathclyde or UWS, GCU gave some offers out today tho xx
Reply 11
Original post by Willans7
Still waiting to hear back from Strathclyde or UWS, GCU gave some offers out today tho xx

I’m waiting to hear from UWS and Strathclyde too. UWS said it won’t be until the end of April , I’m hoping Strathclyde will be a bit sooner. I hate the waiting. xx
Original post by Kayls29
I’m waiting to hear from UWS and Strathclyde too. UWS said it won’t be until the end of April , I’m hoping Strathclyde will be a bit sooner. I hate the waiting. xx

I know it’s been horrible, I’ve been a lunatic checking my emails every few minutes. I think we’ll hear from Strathclyde any day now xx
Reply 13
Hi, Im wondering if any of you would know the answer to this. When I applied to Strathclyde I had applied for second year and was unsuccessful, but to be considered for first year I had to complete a FIR pack. Anyway, today I got a response from strath on ucas saying that I was unsuccessful for second year but have a conditional for first, but that’s all it says. I already have the qualifications needed for first year and I’m just wondering is the conditional based on the FIR pack ?? I cant think why else I would have got a conditional and it has no explanation.

Quick Reply

Latest