Want more information about this university?
KevDaKoala
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey.

I have an open day on the 4th if feb. (To Sheffield Hallam obviously) I’m going to be taking spirt and excercise science. And was wondering if anyone could give their opinions on the uni, the course or anything to expect when I go there??
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by KevDaKoala)
Hey.

I have an open day on the 4th if feb. (To Sheffield Hallam obviously) I’m going to be taking spirt and excercise science. And was wondering if anyone could give their opinions on the uni, the course or anything to expect when I go there??
Moved to the relevant forum. You can look for students and other offer holders here.
Sheffield Hallam University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey.

Hi KevDaKoala

annablagg SHUGURU hallamstudents can answer that for you

Reanne
SHUGURU
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey.

Hey!

I'm currently a third year student at Sheffield Hallam. Although I don't take sport and exercise science, I can tell you a bit about the university itself!

You'll be on Collegiate campus, which is a really nice campus with trees and green spaces, along Ecclesall Road. There are lots of students around there, and also lots to do - from independent shops, bars and restaurants to big chains and two gorgeous parks - you'll see these when you go for the open day! Accommodation nearest to you will be ones like the Forge and Charlotte Court so definitely check these out when you come - there will be tours going on all day.

My experience of coming to Hallam has been really great. I find the lecturers enthusiastic and the coursework modern and interesting, but I've also found that there's lots of support for students from wellbeing support to academic support. Socially, there's also lots going on! We have around 40 different sports clubs and over 50 societies that you can get involved in from the Students Union - have a browse here so that you can ask them any more information you'd like to know on the open day! Joining these, as well as volunteering projects will give you lots to do and help you to feel at home here and have the best time. The Students Union puts on events all the time as well as some week-long 'campaigns' - this week is "Get Active Week" and it means social sports sessions are all free, there are stalls and events on in some buildings, and there are small tournaments and 'give it a go' sessions on.

As for the city, it's another great place to be in. The main reason I started looking here was because I loved Sheffield! There's so much going on that each person with different interests will be happy - there are music festivals like Tramlines and Outlines; there are literary and film festivals; there are sports events like football at Bramall Lane, ice hockey and swimming events and our own Varsity against Uni of Sheffield; and so much more! The nightlife is pretty good too - again, whatever you're into, there'll be a place you can find it.

Do you have any more specific questions about coming here? Hopefully the open day will help you get a better understanding of the place, too!

Ellie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (688)
33.84%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (865)
42.55%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (389)
19.13%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.48%

Watched Threads