Has anyone win a case with the Student Finance Independent Assessor

Watch
thelonelawyer
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Who is the independent assessor for SLC? Have went through their complaints procedure, spoke to the head of service and escalated to the department of education who referred me to 'OIA' but this seems to be for my institution (university) as opposed to a complaint against the SLC.Mine is not for fraud, they overpaid me due to a 'administrative' error that they previously confirmed was the right amount and waited months before coming to reclaim the costs. Not happy about repaying
Phoenix3141
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Secret2018)
Hi I am currently going through stage 1 appeal with student finance, basically my child care provider changed the figures on my ccg2 form and are not denying it although they have been caught out in several lies.... Anyone have any advice on how I can win this? They asked for evid6 that I didn't change the figures after sending in my bank statements and all other documents they have said it's not enough evidence... Don't know what to do I'm so stressed out I'm struggling to look after my 4 year old with no income
Hi, you can set up a sharing information code with the nursery. I called SFE and asked them to set up a password which meant that they could contact the nursery directly. This can save a lot of hassle! Hope you get things sorted 😊
Just some1random
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I had a very similar situation with SFE, admitting they didn't follow there procedures and resulted in them trying to re claim tuition fees. It took months of arguing for the matter to be raised with IA, I recently got emailed from them which basically said it was SFE error and that the DfE should pay for the year in question, although I don't know if SLC have to follow an IA answer.
thelonelawyer
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Just some1random)
I had a very similar situation with SFE, admitting they didn't follow there procedures and resulted in them trying to re claim tuition fees. It took months of arguing for the matter to be raised with IA, I recently got emailed from them which basically said it was SFE error and that the DfE should pay for the year in question, although I don't know if SLC have to follow an IA answer.
I have a similar issue with sfe and have been advised by dfe to get in touch with an independent assessor. The one they recommended was OIA but I’m not sure that’s the right one as it’s about the institution I’m at as opposed to complaining about SFE. What independent body did you get in contact with?
Naenae2013
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I am so sorry to hear this news! I am currently on my second stage appeal as my 1st was unsuccessful. Its not looking good for me and i have become unwell because of it. Why were your banks shut down? And at what stage during the appeal was your name registered to the CIFAS database? Thanks
Naenae2013
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hello, how did you get on with your appeal?
ostara1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
they will record your name on CIFAS before even start the appeal, the only way they can remove it is if you win the appeal, in my experience its very very difficult to win appeal
Naenae2013
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Can you pm me regarding what evidence you sent along with your appeals.
Thanks
KGB2020
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi. I am in a similar position, related to a maintenance loan that I am not eligible for. I did a complaint but it's a negative result. I wanted to use Independent Assessor, but how and who to contact? Do I have to pay the Independent Assessor? Also, reading all your posts above, its quite scary that they put your name on CIFAS, what are they, and why Student finance needs to put your name on CIFAS?. Will this affect your future application for funding? Thank you in advance.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (242)
33.7%
No (476)
66.3%

Watched Threads