The Student Room Group

White people have to pay extra to attend Corbyn rally

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5293083/amp/Jeremy-Corbyn-faces-race-row-rally-ticket-prices.html?__twitter_impression=true

Black and minority ethnic groups had to pay ยฃ30 instead of ยฃ40 for White British people. Blatant racism

Scroll to see replies

"No it's not, it's progressiveness"
It is in the Daily Mail, the paper that supported the Blackshirts. So it may not be true.
Original post by Ladbants
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5293083/amp/Jeremy-Corbyn-faces-race-row-rally-ticket-prices.html?__twitter_impression=true

Black and minority ethnic groups had to pay ยฃ30 instead of ยฃ40 for White British people. Blatant racism

Says the Daily Fail.
Reply 4
Snowflakes upset.

And what about clubs, when girls go free and lads have to pay? is that sexism? cos nobody cares. Move on with your life pal.
Original post by Ladbants

Be careful, lest you get brainwashed.
Reply 6
Original post by JMR2018
Says the Daily Fail.

So the story is false just because it is the daily mail reporting on it? They provide photographic evidence and if it was a false story people would have picked up on it and there would at least be a response from other newspapers. It is a true story- whites had to pay ยฃ10 more to attend the rally than minority ethnic groups.
Reply 7
Original post by Fekky.
Snowflakes upset.

And what about clubs, when girls go free and lads have to pay? is that sexism? cos nobody cares. Move on with your life pal.

So if the rally was asking for non-whites to pay more than whites that would also be fine? Personally I don't think that's right
Reply 8
Original post by Fekky.
Snowflakes upset.

Quite a lot of people care actually.
Original post by Fekky.
Snowflakes upset.

That's not been allowed for quite some time.
What if although on the outside I appear to be white, I identically identify as Asian?

It's racist, it'll backfire massively, and honestly do they really think some BAME Labour supporters are now going to attend because it's ยฃ30 who wouldn't have if they had to pay the same as the white man? As the article says it makes it so you have the situation were say an Asian neurosurgeon gets subsidized but the white part-time checkout worker pays full price. They could have least not based it on race and means tested it? Since I assume they're insinuating more BAME members are less wealthy, that would solve the problem for all less fortunate members.
Yet another reason to not vote for Labour with the current cadre in charge.

Are they assuming that all non-White people are poor?
(edited 6 years ago)
Daily Mail is fake news.

Haven't you even done GCSE English Lit? You should only read news from reputable sources like the BBC, Guardian, etc.
More importantly, whoโ€™s paying ยฃ30+ to see corbyn?
Why on Earth would anyone pay to look at that clown?
Daily Mail isn't the best source for anything politics wise tbh
40 STIRLING SOVERIGNS to listen to a political speech?
Are we doth required to show proof of ownership over our dukedoms and baronies now to witness the King's Speech?
Original post by FriendlyPenguin
Daily Mail is fake news.

Haven't you even done GCSE English Lit? You should only read news from reputable sources like the BBC, Guardian, etc.

But itโ€™s not lying in this case is it? It was confirmed by a spokesman.

It really is ridiculous that somebody should have to pay extra because they are white. Thatโ€™s racist however you look at it. The other way around and there would (rightly) be uproar.
you really believe the Daily Mail? a right wing newspaper that hates Jeremy Corbyn? I'm not saying it's wrong but I would take it with a pinch of salt tbh
Original post by Fekky.
Snowflakes upset.

A great example of everyday sexism, that wonโ€™t make it on to the stupid website but โ€˜get your tits outโ€™ is made out to be like Chinese water torture

Quick Reply

Latest